Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heroic points and IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aloretec

08-20-2011

Will the IP earned in a match be partially based off of heroic points or do they serve some other purpose we don't know about?

Mr Threepwood

08-20-2011

Heroic points are just another Epeen. It's a way to say, "Hey, look, I'm awesome.", or "Hey, you sucked." Same as K/D/A in the regular games. The idea is that you can do really handy things in this game that don't include getting kills, that in fact may include getting really dead. They don't want the score card at the end of the game to scare people away from holding off three opponents on their own, even though they know they're gonna die. Why? Because even if you just delay them, that was really handy, and respawn times are low.

Magma Armor0

08-20-2011

Quote:
Mr Threepwood:
They don't want the score card at the end of the game to scare people away from holding off three opponents on their own, even though they know they're gonna die. Why? Because even if you just delay them, that was really handy, and respawn times are low.

actually, there's an award for that called "martyr" (I think) that's worth +40 points....
at least I think that's what martyr does.