Riot Games in Europe: Details and FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sobol

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Q: Can we transfer our accounts from one platform to another?
A: This is not currently an option, but might be something we could explore in the future.
sadface, in my opinion account transfers is a must (only US>EU). What is more somebody wrote on other topic about Riot Games in Europe about matchmaking system which will be taking players from both EU and US servers and then, depending on from which server there are more players, in that server will be host "game table". Its also good idea.

Bummla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

so i stay at the US server. want to be seen in more than one coldturkey video :P

Hydr0xygen

05-13-2010

WE want a account transfer... I spent over 20$ in LOL USA! Im from europe (Portugal)... when i began to play i didnt know the existance of an European Server... i have about 200 latency at USA servers and 80 on EU (yes, i've created an European Account). Its sad to see that i cant transfer my account to EU ! Because i will not spend so much money again, and i will not play as often.... Soo i think most of the people will just stay where they are with very bad ping... I prefer to have 200 ping than play all over again

Orzmella

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Fantastic move, from all the buzz GOA was doing nothing more then spoiling game experience for European players once again.

Chainyk

05-13-2010

omfg why in Germany....and what about blood and souds... because of your Germany

Burn The Witch

05-13-2010

This is great news, but I won't be playing on the EU servers until I can transfer my account over from the US ones, sorry.

Roros

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
A: This is not currently an option, but might be something we could explore in the future.
It would be really great if you got this working somehow. I'd be fine with a small fee even if it's just a matter of manual labor.

GreyBubbleGum

05-13-2010

Well u guys, they say it is a possiblity of account transfer in the future, so you might have to wait a while,
but knowing RIOT, they would grant you your wish my master

Lord Zaxer

05-13-2010

This sounds great. I moved from the EU servers to the US servers early because I experienced lagg and stuff like that. Now I've been playing on this US servers for a long time, and I don't wanna reset everything.

My question is - What would be the reason to change to the EU servers? (I live in Denmark)

ManiaMaster

05-13-2010

Quote:
This is so disappointing.
You just have to make account transvering able,otherwise this update is nothing for all of the europeen players on the us server. And this is I believe the majority of all EU players as for me at least, it wasn't clear that US and EU were even different games when I downloaded it.
The awesome ping is nice. But it's really bad that we would have to play again for so long only to buy champs or runes we actually have already, so we actually play without any erffort for the first time.
Not to mention all the guys who bought skins etc. (which I didn't)

sure, as you said, we could also stay here, but choosing between good ping and your old account is just annoying.

I hope you WILL feature account-transver and Riot should really work on this feature.