Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Once Dominion is out, SR is DEAD to me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

08-20-2011

Quote:
Nokturnalex:
lol reminds me of watching the Dota 2 international stream, if ya think SR is a boring farm/snooze fest then watching DoTA 2 gameplay is like watching paint dry.

Yah I was really excited for Dota 2... and I still am... but after watching the International, that excitement is now tempered with a dose of realism. Dota 2 won't just appear and be the savior.

Dancing Cow

Recruiter

08-20-2011

Quote:
Nokturnalex:
lol reminds me of watching the Dota 2 international stream, if ya think SR is a boring farm/snooze fest then watching DoTA 2 gameplay is like watching paint dry.

Yeah... Over an hour and a half long games are excessive, even for ricer-fests.

The longest competitive LoL match I ever saw was a little over an hour.

Nokturnalex

08-20-2011

I understand though that Dominion will get boring eventually. Like i don't know why but I prefer watching SR games because the teamfights aren't so frequent, makes them epic. While in Dominion they happen so often they lose their appeal. It's like "Oh look, another team fight, well not really cause it's like 2-4 people but..."

It'll probably turn into Arath Basin after awhile with me just sitting at an important node all game and letting my A.D.D. teammates run around like crackheads trying to cap other points. (Cause god knows someone actually has to defend)

SirFragsAI0t

08-20-2011

You do that, frankly no one gives a **** ?

Slymerz

08-20-2011

Quote:
Leohardt:
They said that 33 IP from a 20 minute dominion game is actually during practice mode, so we can expect IP close to 50-80ish , if games are around 20 mins each, then there's no need to play SR over dominion

they were getting the -25% cause it was custom.

im glad they are adding Domination becuase it gives players more options to play something else.

do wish they had Small creep jungle camps like Wolves or Mini Golems or Mini Skarners to go with the theme of the map.

Slymerz

08-20-2011

Quote:
Nokturnalex:
What i hope Riot does to encourage people to play both maps is give Bonus IP, (first win of the day) for each map so everyone has a reason to play both.

this would be a very good idea. they should implement it to Twisted Treeline also

bourbonowns

08-20-2011

Quote:
Deathkrit:
I enjoy long hard fought games....
And actually enjoy a passive farming lane.....

This. I spent hours practicing my last hitting. I outfarm EVERYONE at my elo by a significant margin, I go in practice games just to last hit, then I see how many I can get by minute 12.

I appreciate that Dominion tries to start things off with a bang, but I dunno, 1375 gold and level 3 just kind of cheapens the experience a bit. I like Level 1, where you feel weak and helpless, that one spell of yours matters more at this point than ever, and level 1 fights are sloppy, funny and intense as all hell.

Starting at level 3 you never really have that point where you feel "weak" and that you desperately need to get stronger before you're ready to fight. I mean you can start with a Sheen or Pickaxe or Brutalizer on this map, or Boots 2, it's really quite impressive the kind of gear you can start off with.

I don't know, maybe it's OCD of me but I think Dominion would have been perfectly fine starting at level 1. I like early laning phase. It's when the laning phase goes on for 30 minutes I start getting a little bloodthirsty.

Isysar

08-20-2011

Quote:
Kuranith:
Once DOTA 2 is out, LoL is dead to me.

Then piss off jackass. Hope you enjoy it.

Vortan1

08-20-2011

you would think another map similar to SR would come out before an entire new game mode does, but that's riot for you...SR is getting a bit boring. At least skin the thing differently like you use to.

Mr Threepwood

08-20-2011

Quote:
Nokturnalex:
I understand though that Dominion will get boring eventually. Like i don't know why but I prefer watching SR games because the teamfights aren't so frequent, makes them epic. While in Dominion they happen so often they lose their appeal. It's like "Oh look, another team fight, well not really cause it's like 2-4 people but..."

It'll probably turn into Arath Basin after awhile with me just sitting at an important node all game and letting my A.D.D. teammates run around like crackheads trying to cap other points. (Cause god knows someone actually has to defend)

Take Kog, defend from the node across the map!