Useless Dominion Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volcanuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarxis View Post
You can build Sivir as a dueler, lifesteal dodge and not leveling your w.

/my sivir plug for the day

I see soraka being useless, considering the lower respawn times and the heal runes everywhere.

Would still get stomped though. Her ult would be good for the quick grabs but other then that id rather a more solid champ taking her spot.

I think... s**t i really cant think of a character who will suck at this dominion. OH Yorick, but he just sucks altogether anyway.

Oh and soraka can be built real well to do great in dominion, she just needs to stick with someone.

CrimsonRipper

08-20-2011

I don't see warwick getting much enjoyment on this map, sure he can poke with his claws I guess, but he thrives off of jungle.

Oh and for Soraka, she'd probably not be building for healing primarily and have her Starcall at the start, giving her the ability to push enemies off the tower, she'd acutally be able to defend easier.

MagicDucks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

I so want to play AP yi only for his survivability with meditate, and with high cooldown reduction runes and items he can defend points pretty well with alpha strike.

ZeroCaloriesFlat

08-20-2011

Warwick trives to feed off of minions and monsters, and with both taken almost in dominion it going to give him a hard time.

Zenbear

08-20-2011

How useful do you suppose heimer will be? Good defense?

Fali

08-20-2011

Heimer is good because if you think about it he can defend 2 points at once with his ulti and turrets. The enemy team would need to take those out to capture that point and meanwhile he can defend another point.

ElJiggles

08-20-2011

Yi will be fine. I don't think any champions will be totally fail on Dominion (depending on your team comp, of course), but the few that I think might be sub-optimal:

Anivia: don't get me wrong -- she'll probably do OK, with her great burst and slows/stun. But she's just so slow, and the list of heroes that can bypass her wall is growing almost every other week.

Karthus: again, very impressive damage output and channel disruption, but he's going to be dying left and right without a lot of support.

Nasus: he can tank a bunch of people for a while with his ult up, but his damage output is just not that scary unless he spends a while farming creeps

Sivir: her ult and passive are quite handy on dominion, but I just don't see them as enough to allow her to escape from fights. She'll probably die a ton.

Soraka: yes, yes, her ult is great, no doubt. But healing is somewhat reduced in Dom, and her damage output is very meh; if the teammate she is supporting dies, she can't do much by herself. I'd take Taric's stun and overall sturdiness over her silence and squishiness.

Keep in mind I've only listed champions I've played enough to have an opinion. And these champions could be great picks, depending on your team's strategy. It's just that, on the average team, I don't see them as being optimal.

Nifty19

08-20-2011

I'm hoping trundle isn't going to be useless but i have a bad feeling that his wall might be all I end up using