Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion a sign Riot giving up?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tKIyTdVq32Bwegfc

08-20-2011

i see dominion as a sign of gigantic ball sack
since riot is introducing something new to a genre that's new itself
as far as i can see they've done a good job for now.

rumples

08-20-2011

wtf does that have to do with ball sacks

QbiinZ

08-20-2011

@realgirl from an administrative standpoint, what would be your response to dota 2 if you were riot then? what would you do to keep me interested in lol?

Saelevas

08-20-2011

The creation of a new game type doesn't mean Riot is afraid of DoTA. It doesn't mean they have given up on balancing for SR. Yes Dominion will help broaden the player base but it will also help alleviate a minor issue with SR in that it can get stale continuously playing that game type. A player can go to Dominion, play a couple games to help alleviate any frustration they might have had in a SR game then go back to SR when they want to play more traditional games.

SR is traditional MOBA game play and will likely remain the center of competitive play for a long, long time so they definitely won't stop working on attempting to balance things for SR. But diversification of play styles can only help not just Riot but the very MOBA genre itself through innovation and bringing in new concepts that fit within the structure of the genre. I look very much forward to Dominion but just because I will be playing that game type doesn't mean I will stop playing SR.

Big fahking J

08-20-2011

@OP,

If dota2 is so awesome, why are you here complaining? Go to the dota forums and post about its awesomeness there.

Shen Jing Ping

08-20-2011

Quote:
realgirl:
okay junior member

Too bad he's smarter than you. Poppy's anything but overpowered, but you'd know that if you didn't camp on the forum all day making silly threads like this one.

Bomb in lasagna

08-20-2011

Quote:
realgirl:
I'm just stating the facts. If you want to pretend like this new mode is going be anything near balanced on release, fine by me. I just think it's a bad sign that they're giving up on balancing SR to keep the populace entertained with a new mode.

Meanwhile, dota2 has some amazing spectator modes and the game isn't even released yet.

DotA 2 is a direct clone of an 8 year old game. Of course it's going to have spectator mode when you basically have the rest of the game made for you. All the heroes are the same and Valve is using their already made source engine. Of course they will have the time and resources to have spectator mode at release. Riot started from scratch... making new champions and created their own engine. Riot also started as a small company. Is Valve a small company? I think not.

So before you go and compare these two games at their release points think about the other factors in this.

xHitoKiri

08-20-2011

Sorry but...
Rainman hit 1st place playing afk teemo top?
Eve still playable.. Its not as broken at it was.. stun + stealth is dumb.
Poppy needs farm.. and it has a hard time against a good lane. Plus all you gotta do is run away from him or use quicksilver slash for the debuff.

Overall Your QQ seems like a nice troll. A new game mode is always fun. A lot of people bored of playing the same map in DoTa/HoN/LoL/DoTa2 .. W.e you say.. its the same map with different paths.

And if you wanna QQ about OP champions.. you should talk about orianna, but thats why ban is there.

P.S. mite wanna do some ranks instead of normals.. Its more challenging..

Morokiane

08-20-2011

I'm sure realgirl, before Dominion was announced, was spamming the forums on why Riot doesn't release new game modes.

Kháos

08-20-2011

@OP

Since you like to compare League of Legends and DOTA2, how about we compare DOTA2 and DOTA.

From what I have seen thus far it has all the same champions, same MOBA game play and the only notable difference is the graphics. Honestly, why play DOTA2 over DOTA (other than it isn't on WC3)? Those exact reasons are why I see a lack of selling point in DOTA2, especially compared to League of Legends which is free to play and has multiple game modes.

Also, I think you are at why they are releasing Dominion in the wrong light. It is a new game mode, or rather a new flavor of MOBA. It keeps people interested and gives them something else to do other than SR, because frankly, who doesn't get bored of just the same old map/game mode every game?

INB4 Junior Member, I played the open beta, I just don't spend my time trolling the forums I spend it playing the game.