Dominion a sign Riot giving up?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

realgirl

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Do they feel they can't balance SR? Prevent passive laning? So they go ahead and create a new "game mode"?

This is what it feels like to me. Riot is scared about Dota2 and all the other games coming down the pipe. Riot has yet to release a single interesting hero (if you don't believe me, go watch the dota2 tournament, very few of dota's heroes are bland) and they can't even get TT to be balanced. Is Riot just going to create more game modes for us to play in?

I mean, that's not a bad strategy, but I don't see how LoL is ever going to be "competitive" like dota, if they can't seem to make their bland champions balanced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skyqula

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Or they are expending the genre making more interesting modes instead of more of the same old same old. Wich IMO is way more fun and exciting!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolcatzuru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-20-2011

I have no idea what would ever make you think that, but its not remotely true, just saying


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-20-2011

I agree! I mean, if you ask any professional in administration he will say without doubt that product diversification is a sign of fear and weakness and is definitely not a way to gain more market by appealing to a larger audience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

realgirl

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcatzuru View Post
I have no idea what would ever make you think that, but its not remotely true, just saying
The fact we're over 2 years since release, and poppy still has 40% damage increase, 8 second invul? Or how about Eve's current state? Or Teemo's? And how about flash (you know, the summoner spell /everyone/ takes)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

realgirl

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
I agree! I mean, if you ask any professional in administration he will say without doubt that product diversification is a sign of fear and weakness and is definitely not a way to gain more market by appealing to a larger audience.
I'm just stating the facts. If you want to pretend like this new mode is going be anything near balanced on release, fine by me. I just think it's a bad sign that they're giving up on balancing SR to keep the populace entertained with a new mode.

Meanwhile, dota2 has some amazing spectator modes and the game isn't even released yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

Senior Member

08-20-2011

lol dota looks so lame


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wellspring

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Just because you think the game isn't balanced doesn't mean you're right. Patches are going to keep coming out that change the balance even so. It's just one of those games.
If you think there is something so incredibly broken in 5v5 then get better at the game because I promise you it's not the balancing, it's you. Every champ is viable and every champ is beatable you just have to know how to use them/fight them.

Adding new game modes and maps is to expand what we can do with the MOBA game mechanics and give us new experiences. The metagame is going to be different and you're going to see champions outside of laning, yes, but that does not mean anything close to what you're saying. It just means they are pleasing their costumers.

(If you're having trouble with Poppy, remember she's easily shut down with CC and you can pick her off with your range characters during the laning phase. Eve is 100% countered by a Oracle's and so are Teemo's mushrooms. Teemo is so squishy it's insane, just try not to get near him unless your team is ready to commit.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

realgirl

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoyal194 View Post
Just because you think the game isn't balanced doesn't mean you're right. Patches are going to keep coming out that change the balance even so. It's just one of those games.
If you think there is something so incredibly broken in 5v5 then get better at the game because I promise you it's not the balancing, it's you. Every champ is viable and every champ is beatable you just have to know how to use them/fight them.

Adding new game modes and maps is to expand what we can do with the MOBA game mechanics and give us new experiences. The metagame is going to be different and you're going to see champions outside of laning, yes, but that does not mean anything close to what you're saying. It just means they are pleasing their costumers.

(If you're having trouble with Poppy, remember she's easily shut down with CC and you can pick her off with your range characters during the laning phase. Eve is 100% countered by a Oracle's and so are Teemo's mushrooms. Teemo is so squishy it's insane, just try not to get near him unless your team is ready to commit.)
okay junior member

I was talking about how Eve is unplayable. Teemo is a joke. And Poppy is broken, period. She's counterable, but in respect to the rest of the champions in the game... it's like what? Best single target nuke, good charge/stun, highest base defenses of ANY CHAMPION IN THE GAME, PLUS a W that increases them PLUS she receives 50% damage from basically everything. And she has 8 second invul ... don't get me started.

More patches will come, yes. And we will be doing ring-around-the-rosie with buff/nerfs. Look at the cycle of Eve, Pantheon, Garen, Kayle etc. etc. buff nerf buff nerf buff nerf gutted remake buff nerf buff nerf remake again nerf nerf nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wellspring

Senior Member

08-20-2011

Eve is good at roaming. I mean yeah, she does need a buff or two, but her map presence can make all the other lanes successful due to ganks and forcing summoner spells and make the other team waste money on Oracles and pink wards. Very weak late game though, yes. Teemo is incredibly useful. His poison can make the lives of the people he is laning against miserable, his shrooms give great vision and can do insane damage if you're going AP.

Poppy is very good at killing one target, but that's it. Horrible laning phase, horrible against CC, horrible in team fights, horrible initiation unless she pops her ult right away like a scrub. Yes she can snowball like crazy but only if you feed her early game.

Learn. To. Play.


12