Starting with a Tear of the Goddess...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaezakura

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodbblBroxx View Post
i think newbies to this game will get completely dominated in domination
I think they'll have an easier time than in Summoner's Rift, at least for the first few months.

Veterans may know champions and items a bit better, but Dominion is still going to be a learning experience for all of us. We're not just going to instantly become Lords of the Crystal Scar or anything. It's going to take time, practice, and a lot of trial and error to finds what works well in this new environment.

Humblerbee

08-21-2011

Mana doesn't make you a better 1v1er unless you're oom, or Ryze/Blitz, and they can't spam abilities on the summoner platform very well.

Doom Lich

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humblerbee View Post
Mana doesn't make you a better 1v1er unless you're oom, or Ryze/Blitz, and they can't spam abilities on the summoner platform very well.
It does when the passive gold on this map allows you to build an early Archangels or Manamune.

PiIot

08-21-2011

edited away

Humblerbee

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Lich View Post
It does when the passive gold on this map allows you to build an early Archangels or Manamune.
The summoner platform opens at 80 seconds, Tear of the Goddess can only be used twice every 6 seconds, Karthus can get in at most 26 casts, which is unlikely considering purchase time. 26 casts gives 104 mana, 104 mana times 3% gives 3.12 bonus AP. I don't see how that's worth it. Manamune is only 2% so you could only get 2.08 AD on a character capable of casting that much.

Sykper

08-21-2011

I immensely doubt it would be that game-breaking, especially with the CD on the item between additional mana increases...

Doom Lich

08-21-2011

Quote:
The summoner platform opens at 80 seconds, Tear of the Goddess can only be used twice every 6 seconds, Karthus can get in at most 26 casts, which is unlikely considering purchase time. 26 casts gives 104 mana, 104 mana times 3% gives 3.12 bonus AP. I don't see how that's worth it. Manamune is only 2% so you could only get 2.08 AD on a character capable of casting that much.
But it's something. You realize that's ten percent of the tears total capacity? It makes an impact. Small numbers do matter, and if you think macrospectively enough to disagree with that statement, you shouldn't be involved in theory crafting.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Quote:
It takes 12.5 minutes to fully stack a Tear/Manamune/Archangels if you do it perfectly. This is obviously not possible from the start in Summoners Rift, but thanks to the starting gold and passive mana gain aura it may be actually possible in Dominion. As well as this, the passive gold gain will allow champions to get expensive items quicker. By the 15 minute mark it would be possible for some characters, such as Karthus, to have a fully stacked Archangels, Sorcerers Shoes and a Deathcap. That's 350 AP without runes or masteries in just 15 minutes. Each lay waste bomb would deal 660 damage if it hit you directly, and he would have enough mana regen to spam one every second. Even if you did manage to kill him, his ulti would do over 750 damage. It wouldn't be easy to do, but it is possible.

popojeijou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

um in dominion, minions don't spawn after a minute. they spawn after you capture towers. so, you would be wastin alot of time you need to secure outposts

Phrixscreoth

08-21-2011

I did note that a large number of champs on the blue team during the stream bought tears first. Take that as you will.