Rushing Negatron Cloak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farmville

08-20-2011

So, I have a very hard time soloing mid against Brand... like, always. So recently when I mid against one, I've been buying Negatron Cloak as my first item when I b. This negates quite a bit of his burst, and I feel it helps me a lot. But is it worth it? Like, obviously I'm missing out on building other items, but during early game you mostly focus CS anyway.. opinions? Is this the best way to counter Brand early-mid laning phase?

BrotherCaine

08-20-2011

Unless you're a range AD or a mage that doesn't require that you put yourself out of position to attack I think everyone should have a negatrons, unupgraded, by midgame. No rush to turn it into a Banshee Veil or a FoN but with the way effective health plays off against effective damage you will stay in the field much longer.

As for a fast rush for countering brand? Nah, counter him another way by opening with boots and dodging his skillshots. His only surefire spell is his ulti (1 or 2 bounces off a minion) and his Conflageration. His fireball is blocked by minions and his pillar is just a rehash of Swain and Chogath. You don't want to loose the arms race to midgame and the three pots will keep you alive if he does conflag spam.

Helen KillHer

08-20-2011

I have a problem midding against Brand as well and depending on how well I'm doing against the player I sometimes will get early MR. The thing is, if you're midding you are generally a DPS character, caster or ranged AD. And when you're DPS you really should focus on damage items, yes? The best defenses is a good offense. But if he's really good just buy MR, it's that simple. I judge it on a game-to-game & player-to-player basis.

Farmville

08-20-2011

If I am mid, I'm normally Orianna. For some reason, maybe it's because I'm bad (or maaaaybe the Brand is le pro?), I always get hit with the pillars.. even if I have boots. >_< So MR... is almost necessary for me. And I normally get a Cloak later when I build Abyssal so... it's not like a complete waste.

But thanks for the input.

Bush Monkey

08-20-2011

WHAT?! When i mid against a brand with orianna it's easy. Just make sure levels 1-3 you get all three abilities. the great thing about orianna is that her passive makes her auto attacks deal a % of your AP and stacks additional magic damge if you attack the same target multiple times. The best harass for orianna is to W into brand and auto hit him with your E on yourself, and try to catch him with your auto attack when ever plausible to keep the stacks going. when you get to 6+ bait him to your towr with E on and ulti his ass into lasers and slow his retreat with W. it's best to keep your ball on you at all times when you face early OP champs ie brand/kat.

I build my Orianna, with mp5 per level, AP per level, and Magic Pen. and one of each quint. 9/0/21 is what i go with and i get CV/Clarity.

moneymango

08-20-2011

If you have boots you shouldnt be getting hit with too many pillars/sears. Just make sure to back off minions that are ablaze, because he will follow with conflag. I almost always grab boots if I know I'm laning against Brand.

Fluffy1

08-20-2011

against mages or any hero relying on burst if you can negate the burst yopu can just casually walk away and they will never kill you. for a mage class if they dont get fed they will drop off to uselessness by the 30 min mark guarenteed.

the function of the negatron clock is similar to the hexdrinker which is incredible effective but alas rarely taken.