Dominion ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

srsizzy

08-19-2011

Will Dominion allow custom games? If so, what happens if NO teams capture points? Unlike in SR, where minions push down towers, absolutely nothing happens in Dominion if you don't capture points.

Wouldn't this allow for never-ending ARAM battles in the middle of the field? Along with increased gold and XP, that could be an insane amount of fun.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
Will Dominion allow custom games? If so, what happens if NO teams capture points? Unlike in SR, where minions push down towers, absolutely nothing happens in Dominion if you don't capture points.

Wouldn't this allow for never-ending ARAM battles in the middle of the field? Along with increased gold and XP, that could be an insane amount of fun.
I actually never thought of that. I think it would be fun if in a custom game both teams agreed to not capture points and there was just a deathmatch in the middle of the map.

Sipricy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Here's a thought: You're only allowed to capture points when you get to level 18?

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Getting kills deals damage to the enemy nexus.

srsizzy

08-19-2011

Seems like there are a lot of possibilities. Plus, a lot of custom game types fail because it's unclear where you can farm and it's easy to leech XP from lanes. With this map, there is literally one very simple thing you don't do, so it'd be hard to mess that up.

Man, I hope with Season 2 they open up more options to affect the rules in custom games. I am still pretty shocked they haven't done this. There could be such a huge amount of diversity in how you play if there were at least SOME changes allowed -- map-wide auras, or increased/changed gold/xp, etc. Kind of limitless options there.

srsizzy

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
Getting kills deals damage to the enemy nexus.
F*ck, you're right, I forgot about that. Well, still, then you can just win from kills instead of capture points. Legit deathmatch.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsizzy View Post
F*ck, you're right, I forgot about that. Well, still, then you can just win from kills instead of capture points. Legit deathmatch.
Yeah that's what I was getting at. It would be pretty awesome to be honest. Although don't you only get 2 points taken off your nexus for a kill? First team to 250 kills? That would be ridiculous

OutlawClyde

08-19-2011

minions can capture points though so eventually some is going to capture points

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyBearKing View Post
minions can capture points though so eventually some is going to capture points
Minions only spawn when a team has control of a point I believe.

Fierus

08-19-2011

dominion...reminds me of starcraft