Do champions age?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnderAchiever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

well, do they?

Kallen Kouzuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

That..... is a good question. I don't know, has anything ever referenced it? Are there champion birthday parties!? O_o...

DFxKazuto

08-19-2011

I think for the non-humanoid races of Valoran, the question that should be asked is how long they live for. Its like comparing turtle to a rabbit and to us. The rabbit is two years old. Us and turtles are babies whereas the rabbit has hit maturity(i think). A turtle is 100 years old. The rabbit, has gone through several generations, we would think, wow thats old. For the turtle, its like his prime age.

So, maybe Chogath can live for millions of years, and hes only like, maybe one hundred years old. Same for Kogmaw, and hes only a baby...what about yordles, whats their life span.. I mean some people dont age, cuz their alrdy dead.. (karthus and yorick)...

UnderAchiever

08-19-2011

like for example, will annie grow up in 10ish years?

will blitzcrank rust to nothing?

how long till zilean craoks?

and what about twitch, rats dotn live too long D:

DFxKazuto

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderAchiever View Post
like for example, will annie grow up in 10ish years?

will blitzcrank rust to nothing?

how long till zilean craoks?

and what about twitch, rats dotn live too long D:
''Annie may be one of the most powerful champions ever to have fought in a Field of Justice. I shudder to think of her capabilities when she becomes an adult.'' - High Councilor Kiersta Mandrake. Can't wait till that happens !!!

Doubt blitzcrank will die, they can just replace parts, and transfer core memory into another storage if the old one cant hold it all..

Zilean will never die through age until someone (most likely Ryze) finds a cure for his displasiea (or something like that)...

dunno about twitch, but if he becomes as op as Splinter in TMNT, gg, inc buff.

UnderAchiever

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazutoMataro View Post
''Annie may be one of the most powerful champions ever to have fought in a Field of Justice. I shudder to think of her capabilities when she becomes an adult.'' - High Councilor Kiersta Mandrake. Can't wait till that happens !!!

Doubt blitzcrank will die, they can just replace parts, and transfer core memory into another storage if the old one cant hold it all..

Zilean will never die through age until someone (most likely Ryze) finds a cure for his displasiea (or something like that)...

dunno about twitch, but if he becomes as op as Splinter in TMNT, gg, inc buff.
that is what acuually spurred me to make this thread!

Siyamak

08-19-2011

Most humans, technically yes, but I don't expect them to age that much in the Lore. It'd just be odd if Riot started killing off champs as they added new ones in. Then you have people in the lore like Boram Darkwill (leader of Noxus) who had eternal youth somehow, presumably necromatic magic. At least up until his supposed death as detailed by the JoJ. So age extension certainly exists within the world.

Aged skins would be kind of cool though. Swain would be up a creak there, unless they're gonna have him walk around with a hospital IV carrier and gown, with a bald crow or something.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-19-2011

In the case of yordles, I could see it being played out in two different ways.

Possibility 1: Yordles are small. In general, smaller life forms have shorter lives. I could see it being made out that yordles actually have tragically short lifespans (perhaps 40 years or so?), and age and mature much more quickly than humans.

Possibility 2: It has been stated that a likely cause of the yordle's vastly varied appearances is due to a kind of attunement to the magical nature of Runeterra that all member of their species share. To me that sounds like a trait associated with long-lived races. It could turn out that they live considerably longer than humans despite their size, much like halflings of other settings.

Of course, they might be exactly the same as humans as well. who knows?

JacobianMatrix

08-19-2011

Its been said before and I'll say it again: Nasus' wither ability (aging) should a) outright kill swain and b) actually strengthen Annie

UnderAchiever

08-20-2011

new theory: The Powerful summoners are able to reverse eningeeneer zelians chrono-displasia, and use part of it to suspend the aging process of the champions (and probablly high paying customers lol).

does that sounds like a possibility?