Dominion looks just like Arathi Bason from World of Warcraft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YourProfessor

08-19-2011

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but this looks like a clone from the World of Warcraft Battleground map Arathi Basin. I found it lots of fun.

Teams with voicechat will dominate over those who don't. Well coordinated teams who spot enemy positions well to capture the undefended spawn points almost always won.

Zhupons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

well they did mention it so much it got old pretty fast.. don't be surprised at incoming downvotes!

MillitaryBeetle

08-19-2011

I think its a copy of Dawn of War 2, but no one is an RTS fan these days -_-

ElJiggles

08-19-2011

The "territorial control" playstyle hardly originated from WoW. It's just that WoW is a popular example of it. Frankly, Riot's implementation looks to be a lot more fun than AB.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourProfessor View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but this looks like a clone from the World of Warcraft Battleground map Arathi Basin. I found it lots of fun.

Teams with voicechat will dominate over those who don't. Well coordinated teams who spot enemy positions well to capture the undefended spawn points almost always won.
Next time don't look with your eyes closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJiggles View Post
The "territorial control" playstyle hardly originated from WoW. It's just that WoW is a popular example of it. Frankly, Riot's implementation looks to be a lot more fun than AB.
Also this...i don't understand why people think WoW started this type of game mode.

YourProfessor

08-19-2011

I never said WOW started this game type. I just said it looked like a clone of that map. Many people have played WOW and would agree because it is so popular.

BTW I checked like the top 5 pages for any posts before I made mine, so it's not exactly front page news like you seem to believe.

There is nothing wrong with copying a good idea and making it better. Microsoft has made a killing from doing it.

Remember Pluto

08-19-2011

Dude mang Blizzard created King of the hill.

HevyD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-19-2011

Also, MMOs.

deepbluereason

08-19-2011

The only similarity is they both have 5 capture points. Though, even if they were really similar, I wouldn't really mind since AB was by far my favorite BG.

ronyanlu

Recruiter

08-19-2011

NO

*******http://i56.tinypic.com/f2pk50.jpg********