Dominion: Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
I am really hoping Kassadin ends up being godlike in dominion.
Because having godlike champions is FUN!

No, please no.

Give me balance. It already looks extremely balanced, and if it can stay that way I would be greatly pleased.

Lusis

08-19-2011

I watched some games today and I think any champ that is used to relying on "good positioning" and hiding behind a wall of allies in teamfights (ie Ashe) is going to really struggle on this new map.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusis View Post
I watched some games today and I think any champ that is used to relying on "good positioning" and hiding behind a wall of allies in teamfights (ie Ashe) is going to really struggle on this new map.
Teaming up Ashe with Xin Zhao and having her get early mobility items should negate this.

FoxAmidstStars

08-19-2011

*sigh*

I have heavy doubts that champions like tryndamere will excel. Dominion will require long term combat and fast paced action, not just running in and surviving one fight with your ult. Tryndamere will be virtually useless for sixty seconds at a time, and that's not going to fly in Dominion.

Pissfer

08-19-2011

The only champs I really don't see being viable are ones that don't have an extremely long ranged attack, escape mechanisms or tankiness. However, pretty much every champion in the game has at least one of these. I think theorycrafting the meta on something so dynamically different than what LoL is now is a HUGE mistake though. There's going to be many more strategies that work in different situations. There's going to be a lot more team synchronicity required than what we see right now (or at least, that's what I think).

Traits that are useful:
- Burst
- Ability to sneak a point
- Being able to survive for long periods of time
- Speed

Other than that, there's not a lot that's too required. On top of that, there's all the new items that people ALSO have to take into consideration (the lightning chain one is one of the biggest ones I think)

Also, we have a Dominion forum for this kind of stuff

UrsaMinor

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo The Grand View Post
What will stop the meta in dominion from being much like Twisted Tree Line?

Characters like Tryndamere (I can see now why they reworked him) will be able to dominate and draw at least 2 people wherever he goes.

Will Mundo be very viable able to roam one side of the map protecting at least 2 nodes and defending like a champ?

I don't really see singed being that big of a problem tho...

I can see it now... The meta of dominion... Super survivable and mobile heroes.

edit: down-votes for mentioning dominion... Haters lol
its true. the more you stay alive, the more you can delay them from capturing a point.

Lusis

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Teaming up Ashe with Xin Zhao and having her get early mobility items should negate this.
That's the thing you cannot go into the game saying "Ashe and Xin will run together". Or rather that will hurt your team if you do. There is LOTS of champ rotation around the map and lots of times you need to split up to different points.

UrsaMinor

08-19-2011

If it is this way, I can see people treating it the same as TT because of the limited viable picks.

Mzenilyth

08-19-2011

My question is how will abilities that ramp-up throughout the game (Siphoning strike, Baleful strike, Sion Enrage, etc) be altered to fit in Dominion?

Archlord Mythos

08-19-2011

I think what is preventing the same champs from being used all the time is because EVERY champion has something unique they can bring to the fight, be it in defense of multiple points, ability to skirmish/ninja grab points, ability to hold a single point against numerous foes, ability to move quickly cross-map, ability to trap jungle/brush, ability to excel in 1v1/2v2 fights, etc.

Just because one champion has a certain advantage doesn't mean that there isn't another, equally good advantage that another champion has. I mean, a champion like Kog Maw or Evelynn brings something completely different than one like Rammus or Jax, yet they are both highly viable.

I suppose it will be up to the players to eventually settle into a "constant meta." However, I feel that a set meta that nobody deviates from hurts the game severely.

If there is any meta, it will be something like everyone going for boots of mobility first, or what team splits become the most common, and then there are always other splits that could throw the opponent off guard.