Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka Compilation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
09-11-2009

Okay, here's how it goes:

Everyone knows Soraka is sooo OP. So, I want to make her MORE OP so everyone gets it. Got it? Good.

Now, that that's out of the way, here's what I want. I know that if you're like me, you love to take the most unappreciated and ridiculed heroes and try to make them good. In LoL's case, on of the most "useless" heroes is Soraka. What interests me, in particular, is her spell Starfall. It's weak, slightly spammable (more spammable would rock) has an okay AoE (though a larger one would be welcome), and lowers the spell resistance of whoever is hit by it per hit.

So, I was thinking a Tank's Sunfire Build combined with her Starfall could be strong. And it kinda is. Here's the catch. You don't have a stun, and any melee worth their salt will leave you to the longer range champs. My build thought was, don't laugh:

3x Sunfire Cloak
1x Boots (Mercury or MS3, depending on number of stuns and aggro on you)
2x Abyssal Sceptre

The idea was the Spell Resistance reduction from her spell and Abyssal could kick the damage from each cloak up immensely. Each starfall increases the cloak's damage by 2-4, so with 3 that's 6-12 extra damage per second per cast. Assuming you get it off on them a few times, you could theoretically get enough DPS that you'd effectively have 4-5 cloaks...and that's not even counting Abyssal. With two of these suckers, the enemy champ's MR should be 40% at all times.

Spell build give Starfall and Infuse the greatest importance. She needs mana and since we don't go mana regen, she needs to whore her skill on herself. This of course means we're losing out on her heals, which makes defensive play important. her ult comes after Starfall and Infuse are finished.

Summoner spells should be Ghost (to stay in range for Starfall) and cleanse (because of the annoying problems with being stunned while chasing).

Now that I told you my "build" on Soraka (it's obviously going to be messed with more and is by no means a finished product nor recommended for anyone to try unless they want to help me get numbers and stuff) I would like to know exactly what your thoughts are for items that you think could make Soraka a force to be reckoned with. Or annoyed by, at the very least.

Akyio

09-12-2009

oh well, soraka is one of my favourite hero, however it seriously sucks compared to other support characters like jenna... that has probably even almost better heal, + slow + shield and some awesome creeping skill..
your build sounds interesting and i will try it, but in this build soraka kinda looses the most important thing - support ability ?
i tried being attack type with starfall, but even with regen shield on myself i just can't stay for long because soraka is not a tank or at least ranger, so its easy to die soon..

Foreshadowed

09-12-2009

The only time to use this build is when they've got 3 or 4 melee. Otherwise I go support

The build I use is:

Boots of Swiftness
Chalice of Harmony
Sunfire Cape
Aegis
Sunfire Cape
Abyssal Scepter (By now were at the 35/40 minute mark)

My support build is:
Sorc Boots
Soul Shroud
Aegis
Enervating Locket
Banshee Veil

seresibyl

09-12-2009

Quote:
Foreshadowed:
The only time to use this build is when they've got 3 or 4 melee. Otherwise I go support

The build I use is:

Boots of Swiftness
Chalice of Harmony
Sunfire Cape
Aegis
Sunfire Cape
Abyssal Scepter (By now were at the 35/40 minute mark)

My support build is:
Sorc Boots
Soul Shroud
Aegis
Enervating Locket
Banshee Veil

Why do you get a chalice?

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-12-2009

I don't believe the damage from sunfire cape is magical, last time I checked, it was not affected by abyssal scepter. It was definitely 3 months ago or more, so it could have changed.

In any case, kudos to you for trying out ths idea!

09-12-2009

Quote:
Anansi:
I don't believe the damage from sunfire cape is magical, last time I checked, it was not affected by abyssal scepter. It was definitely 3 months ago or more, so it could have changed.

In any case, kudos to you for trying out ths idea!

No man, it's definitely magical. If you read a bit up there, it mentions that each cast of starfall increased the dps of each Robe I had. Couldn't do that unless it was magical, so...

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-12-2009

If you tested it, I believe you. I had tested Abyssal Scepter + Sunfire cape to no effect a couple of months ago.

Good news that it now synergizes!

09-12-2009

Quote:
Anansi:
If you tested it, I believe you. I had tested Abyssal Scepter + Sunfire cape to no effect a couple of months ago.

Good news that it now synergizes!

Wait, wait, wait. I don't know if it does work yet, but it should. Could your problem have been that it only effects enemy champions?

Foreshadowed

09-12-2009

There is no synergy between magical resist and sunfire except for the amount thats mitigated from magical resistance. Abyssal Scepter is just more support, like aegis. An individual Sunfire Cape's damage won't exceed 40. But you need Spell Penetration to get the full 40

I get chalice because its a solid 40 MR and the mana regen on it is the best bang for your buck. Trying this spec without any mana regen doesn't work.

09-12-2009

If it doesn't exceed 40 Foreshadows, that's because it's hard to stay close enough long enough. But it can go up there. I've seen low 60's, of course that was a practice.

And that thing about there being no synergy? If they have negative resist, wouldn't that make it deal extra damage? I thought that it could go negative and that only Spell Pen couldn't make it go negative.

The mana thing is an issue. I was worried about that myself as well, hence why Infuse is considered most important in that build up there. If Abyssal really doesn't work with Sunfire though, the best option would be to trade them in for Chalice and some other nice item. Maybe Frozen Heart? Extra spammability, life, and attack speed reduc could really suit her well. Maybe even a Frost Mallet if you wanna keep them close enough to feel Starfall/Sunfire.