Should Morgana's spell shield be changed

yes 98 60.49%
no 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Morgana's Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NibelungValesti

09-12-2009

I suggest this change to her shield - it reduces spell effects according to how much % HP is left on the shield. It may be alittle complicated to implement, but it would make things interesting.

For example, at maximum shield strength, all spell effects are negated.

After losing 50% of the shield to spells, the next spell which has a magic effect only has half its potency on Morgana.

I don't know how this would work out, but.. it would seem kind of interesting. At least, i think the initial "cleansing" portion of the spell should be kept for sure. But the 8 seconds of immunity seems OP with regards to the low CD of the spell.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfear View Post
It absorbs and prevents melee abilities too (i.e. Wick's ult, hungering strike, etc).

The shield needs to fade if it absorbs any spell ability. AoE dmg should be absorbed up to a certain amount. Also, it should break current CC effects on players, just prevent new ones from applying. I think that would balance it.

I could be wrong on this, but I'm guessing that the reason this happens programatically is that the shield prevents debuffs. When Warwick uses his ult, it places a debuff on the enemy player that stuns them in place. Since the shield is preventing debuffs, no debuff is placed on the player, hence the ult in nullified.

I still don't think this is OP however - you have to be careful when you use your ults. A good Warwick player will wait until morgana chooses a shield target and THEN pick a different target for the ult.

Like so many other heroes, you just have to know the limitations of what they can do when you fight them to be able to fight them effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteskull View Post
I think peoples problem is the shield robs them of kills and as such its OP to them.
QFT

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungValesti View Post
I suggest this change to her shield - it reduces spell effects according to how much % HP is left on the shield. It may be alittle complicated to implement, but it would make things interesting.

For example, at maximum shield strength, all spell effects are negated.

After losing 50% of the shield to spells, the next spell which has a magic effect only has half its potency on Morgana.

I don't know how this would work out, but.. it would seem kind of interesting. At least, i think the initial "cleansing" portion of the spell should be kept for sure. But the 8 seconds of immunity seems OP with regards to the low CD of the spell.
It's only 8 seconds if the shield lasts - doing 500 + Morgana's AP in burst damage is NOT hard to do against a target during team battles. If they do that much damage in 2 seconds, the shield is gone, extra damage past the shield strength applied to the target, AND no more CC immunity.

somewhere

09-12-2009

the shield is op due to the fact it makes her unkillable, and i do mean unkillable, iv seen whole teams gank her and she just walks away like nothing happend, hell its gotten to the point where unless your team is 10x better then the other, you all most need a morgana to even the playing field.

And 500+ magic damage can be anoying to come by, sense you have to spend much more mana to do that damage plus put your abilitys on cooldown when her shield only costs 50 mana and will be off cooldown again in a few seconds.

I fail to see how it is currently balanced, its not like morgana's other skills suck eather in fact there all vary good. As for the argument about her ult, well if this is to be taken in to account well maybe fiddlesticks needs a super shield too so he can use his ult.

Hedgehog

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
It's only 8 seconds if the shield lasts - doing 500 + Morgana's AP in burst damage is NOT hard to do against a target during team battles. If they do that much damage in 2 seconds, the shield is gone, extra damage past the shield strength applied to the target, AND no more CC immunity.
ONLY 8 seconds of debuff immunity? ONLY 500 +AP damage block?

You basically have to throw 2 nukes at the shield to break it. But even then it comes back every 8 seconds (or less) with the right item build/runes/masteries.

Throw this shield on Yi or Jax for example and hes just going to go through an enemy team like knife through butter.

Skulkanox

09-12-2009

If it is going to be nerfed I'd rather have the debuff clearing than the damage soak (which basically lasts one spell anyway). With CC as powerful and ubiquitous as it is more heroes need a cleanse if anything. If you take the cleanse off Morgana just becomes an iffy version of Janna, except she can't protect at all against the masssive auto-attack damage everyone can stack. If Black Shield only protects against magic damage then it's utterly useless, since the more dangerous portion of spells is always the disable, slow or root.

Dakisarak

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refallen View Post
++, it makes no sense how it is so much better than Sivir's. Honestly, Black Shield is like cleanse on a ridic short cooldown and can be casted on other players. Nerf please.
I love Sivir, and I love Morgana. I used to regularly stomp other players on Morgana, and for a good while she was my favorite character. But, as far as I can tell, Sivir is just a much better character than Morgana. Although Sivir's spellshield is a lot worse than Morgana's, Sivir with Morgana's shield would probably be a level of OP the game hasn't seen before.

Think of Sivir monsterpushing a lane and getting away because A. she dodges if she's moving, B, Sivir moves pretty fast, and C, You can't CC Sivir anymore, because she has Morgana's shield.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
ONLY 8 seconds of debuff immunity? ONLY 500 +AP damage block?

You basically have to throw 2 nukes at the shield to break it. But even then it comes back every 8 seconds (or less) with the right item build/runes/masteries.

Throw this shield on Yi or Jax for example and hes just going to go through an enemy team like knife through butter.
Yes only. And the situation you mentioned is exactly what it's designed for on the offense - Morgana is supposed to support champions and make them better. That's exactly what she does. Now a smart team will ignore that jax or yi and go for Morgana, or if they can't see her then they will fall back. OR they will focus jax or yi and eventually kill him - there's too many variables I've seen in place.

All I know is that I've played morgana a lot, and while the shield makes a huge difference, it isn't game breaking. When it was 14 seconds long and she could keep it on 2 people almost permanently, THEN it was game breaking. But now it isn't - it just means if you face her, you'll be facing a non-CCable ally at points. It's still just ONE out of 5 people.

Nyanpaia

Adjudicator

09-12-2009

Whoa, you need to QQ about janna's shield if you're going to qq about this

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

09-13-2009

Morgana is not an amazing hero, even with Black Shield. In fact, she is kind of well-balanced right now, having a good spell defence and some skill-requiring offense.

It's not that strong either, I've killed Morgana (that was HP stacking) as AP Teemo. Just need 1 Mushroom and you can punch right through it.

I think the reason people cry about it is because they think they deserve to get the kill if they trigger their good abilities on an enemy, and the Shield just stands out because it's one of the few counters to that.