Should Morgana's spell shield be changed

yes 98 60.49%
no 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Morgana's Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

somewhere

09-12-2009

ya maybe i should add to that, that it is on a 14 second cooldown? lol.

jokeeeer

09-12-2009

Make it stay the same but only castable on self and change Sivir's Shield to be castable on friendly heroes.
Or nerf the hell out of the duration and amount absorbed on the Shield.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-12-2009

Don't forget exhaust gets blocked by it.

Hedgehog

09-12-2009

Been playing a lot of Morgana lately and the shield definitely needs toning down.

14 second cooldown 50 mana at all levels. 4/5/6/7/8 second duration with a 100/200/300/400/500 damage block that scales 1:1 with AP. With the right set up you can get this spell down to just over an 8 second cooldown meaning you have can it up nearly all the time.

Its cheap, its spammable and its just too strong.

It needs to either only absorb damage or only prevent debuffs.

Whiteskull

09-12-2009

you guys do realize it does not absorb ALL damage just magic attacks.

somewhere

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteskull View Post
so what? if it absorbed all damage it would infact be weaker sense you could just dps it for 2 seconds and get it out of the way.

Hedgehog

09-12-2009

Quote:
Everyone is aware of its current function, which is way too strong.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-12-2009

I think the shield is definitely her best ability, but I don't think it is necesarily overpowered, and here's why...

It has a 14 second cooldown at all levels, but the duration starts at 4 seconds and scales up to 8. You can have shield level 5 this by Morgana level 9 IF you take it every level you can, which means you neglect your other skills. I personally don't do that unless I am stacked against casters - Tormented Soil is usually my main skill so I can farm up items better.

Even at 8 seconds cooldown, that's 6 seconds of cooldown between casts. You are FORCED to buy cooldown items instead of AP items if you want a faster cooldown, thereby screwing your ability to do damage late game in lieu of supporting your allies (which, btw, is perfectly fine with me and the path I normally take). Games usually dont' last so long that I can get items for both -40% max cooldown AND high AP. The shield does nothing against the physical onslaught of characters like Master Yi, Ashe, Tristana, etc... so if you are being chased by those guys, good luck, you're screwed.

Also think about this, if a Morgana uses the shield on an ally, now it's time for the team to focus Morgana - take her out of the picture and her shield is gone from fights. And it's not like she can do much to stop it.

All in all, I think the shield is pretty balanced for what it does. The only thing I might do is reduce the scaling of AP with it a bit to like 0.75:1. Morgana is a huge team asset - but so is any other character built as a supporter.

Whiteskull

09-12-2009

I think peoples problem is the shield robs them of kills and as such its OP to them.

Atmosfear

09-12-2009

Quote:
It absorbs and prevents melee abilities too (i.e. Wick's ult, hungering strike, etc).

The shield needs to fade if it absorbs any spell ability. AoE dmg should be absorbed up to a certain amount. Also, it should break current CC effects on players, just prevent new ones from applying. I think that would balance it.