Should Morgana's spell shield be changed

yes 98 60.49%
no 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Morgana's Shield

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

somewhere

09-11-2009

I think Morgana's spell shield is currently the most overpowered ability in the game at this moment, but this is just my opinon.

Now i was sure most considered it to be overpowered as well, but seeing how it has not been changed at all up too this point leads me to believe that there is a good counter argument to it being op and may even be balanced. If so i surely missed it.

So in light of this i would like to hear everyone's opinon's
( hopefully going further then just stating it is op or balanced )
on this issue, and if a consensus is reached maybe this issue could be put to rest with eather a change being made or simply a conclusion being reached.

Yuralz

09-11-2009

Morgana's Spell shield is OP. Many people will say that the reason for it being OP is that it absorbs so much damage, but I see that as working as intended. The problem I have with Black Shield is the fact that it can get your or your teammates out of any crowd control. If you're slowed or even rooted all you have to do is cast this on yourself and the effect is instantly gone. If your teammate is stunned or feared, casting Black Shield on them will cancel the effect immediately. Basically it functions like the Cleanse summoner spell and also blocks damage and also is useable on teammates.

I have no problem with spell shields blocking damage and any crowd control effects, but they should be balanced in some other way. Sivir, for example, can block all damage and any other effects, but she can only cast her shield on herself and it only blocks one ability, whereas Black Shield blocks for the entire duration.

Bottom line: if you want to negate crowd control, get Banshee's Veil or Mercury Boots. Black Shield is perfectly fine for blocking damage, which it should, but is utterly broken in terms of canceling crown control and giving your team a massive advantage in any fight.

Janna Windforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2009

+1, not a fan.

Klinkin

09-11-2009

To be fair, crowd control is way out of hand with the way slows stack. I know from experience that one Reckoning is all you need to bring your opponent to a range where you can hit them, but when you're getting hit by three to five slows at once, it's impossible to move. I think Morgana's shield would be mroe balanced if it wasn't a counter to the most OP mechanic in the game.

Yuralz

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkin View Post
To be fair, crowd control is way out of hand with the way slows stack. I know from experience that one Reckoning is all you need to bring your opponent to a range where you can hit them, but when you're getting hit by three to five slows at once, it's impossible to move. I think Morgana's shield would be mroe balanced if it wasn't a counter to the most OP mechanic in the game.
That's an issue with slows in general though. Do you expect 1 skill on 1 character to be the solution to that? No. The solution (or rather, my solution) would be to only allow the most potent slow to take effect and all the other slows take effect 1 by 1 after the current most potent one has worn off. Making Black Shield a "free pass" out of CC is in no way solving the problem that effects every champion in this game.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2009

i can understand not taking damage, hell even negating slows and stuns, but blitz and amumu should still make contact and physically do something without damage.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-11-2009

id be fine with spell sheild if it absorbed spell damage, OR if it negated all debuffing effects, but having both in one spell is so rediculous. Especially in blind picking, its possible to have the main strength of your champion negated by morgana. The one champion it really effects that springs to mind is fiddlestix. With it active fiddle is unable to fear, and draining life does not restore any health to him as the sheild absorbs the drain, and your dark wind cannot silence. Fiddles is built around disabling/debuffing, and doesnt have the damage to break through the sheild to apply these.

jerzy

09-11-2009

+1

somewhere

09-12-2009

well seems so far most agree that it is infact overpowered, and im happy to say i could'nt agree more.
This ability is just too amazing. just to recap lets count what this ability does.

*Blocks magic damage
*Blocks ALL effects
*Cleanse's the target
*and can be used on friendlys

Now lets be honest the shield only needs two of these abilitys. All that i would ask though is that ONE of these effects be taken away, just one. and i feel the game changeing nature of this ability could be taken down to a reasonable level.

Refallen

The Council

09-12-2009

++, it makes no sense how it is so much better than Sivir's. Honestly, Black Shield is like cleanse on a ridic short cooldown and can be casted on other players. Nerf please.

12345 ... 6