Late Game Singed, or "How to Run Ahead of Your Team Screaming Like a Maniac"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llero

06-06-2010

Trying to figure out how your regrowth pendant is becoming a rod of ages.

Failing.

I'm a fan of Sapphire being Singed's first item.

DagonChicken

06-06-2010

yeah blue crystal and 2 hp pots are enough for laning to farm that catalyst and boots on your first trip back

Patyrn

06-06-2010

Personally I go regrowth + hp pot if I'm laning with someone else, and boots + 4 hp pots if I'm 2v1ing a lane.

RoA is always first. Definitely agree there. Getting it soon is important and it works great with singed.

Next I get FoN or Frozen Heart depending on enemy team comp. Do I want armor or MR first? Then I get whichever I didn't get before. Then, if I still feel tanky enough, I get rylais, otherwise I pump up MR or armor based on which I feel I need.

xSJx

06-27-2010

Lol, nasus DID get a skin before singed.

Also, this guide should be on the first page because too many people are asking about singed and this guide is the ****.

Matthew21210

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandaidsaregood View Post
Haha, ****, who am I kidding, Nassus will get one before Singed does. Feel free to add advice/talk **** about Singed.
Looks at Riot Police singed.
YE- *looks at already available Galactic nasus skin*
Oh, For ****s SAKE!

yakbutter

06-27-2010

yah right, boots of swiftness and RoA before 15 minutes.. what a load of ****.

Quote:
and if you did all this right, you're pushing almost 500 movement speed
can I have these hacks you are using? or did you mean 500 move speed with ghost/ult activated..

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2010

I think Nasus is even less appreciated than Singed, and Singed is getting a ****ing EXCELLENT skin soon anyway so I think it's worth the wait.

I'm a pro nasus now but I want to be pro singed also. These guides are great but no matter what the pure nuance of playing him JUST right simply cannot be taught.

Or I'm an idiot.

Like playing on the brink of death and knowing when to go in and out is a real skill. I have a huge respect for good Singed players.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakbutter View Post
yah right, boots of swiftness and RoA before 15 minutes.. what a load of ****.

can I have these hacks you are using? or did you mean 500 move speed with ghost/ult activated..
Not sure about before 15 min. I think it's quite doable. Singed IS a very capable farmer. If I can't gank, and my lanemate doesn't decide to steal all my minion kills (and I don't have to pressure the enemies off of our squishies), I can get RoA and basic boots by 15 min. And I'm not even a good Singed player by any means. If I get some ganks, then I will have Boots of Swiftness as well.

500 movespeed though, is a smidgen harder. I think Boots3 gives 90 MS. That will put Singed at 410MS (because he has 320 base MS). I usually run MS Quintsx2 (so +3%), 3% from masteries, and then I think ..8%? from Force of nature. If I wanna go all out, I grab Lich Bane for another 7% (or Zeal->Phantom if I'm against very heavy melee team). 20% of 410 is just about 80..so +- diminishing return, that gives you just about 500MS (more like 490-ish, but let's call it close enough).
Add in Insanity Potion and/or Ghost, and I'd be doing well above 500.

ramtaro

07-01-2010

I main Singed, but I usually start with a Sapphire and 2 health potions. Singed's passive is great since I still get health for it! I can hit my RoA before 15 mins most of the time. I've gotten it as quick as 10 mins before. I almost never finish my Boots of Swiftness before the RoA anymore since it helps having the RoA ASAP.

And as far as movement speed, I have three movement speed quintessences and usually pick up a FoN. With all of that, my ultimate, and ghost, I move at 599. Yeah, you literally fly across the map. It's glorious.

Other good items: Frozen Heart (or at least the Glacial Shroud) since it gives you armor plus health from the mana crystal and cooldown reduction (essential for fling). Rylai's since it slows with your poison so no one can escape you! Abyssal Scepter or Lich Bane if they're magic heavy.

Runix

07-01-2010

Singed is a very capable farmer, so while 15 mins may be a bit aggressive, it's not that far off--maybe with a kill or two it's doable. But Rod of Ages is definitely a good first item, unless you are getting hit very heavily by CC, in which case Banshee's may be a better first.

I think the Sapphire may be a better starting item, though I usually go with boring old Doran's Shield. But Regrowth Pendant is likely the best choice if you're going to get hit by a hard harrass, say by Zilean or Gragas.

Where I will differ is on the boots--I usually go with Boots of Mobility. Yes, not as fast as Boots of Swiftness, but I all too often find myself in company with players who simply cannot control lanes, and end up having to run all over the map to keep lanes clean, and don't want to have to use up a Summoner slot with Teleport. But Mobility is also great for closing up to initiate the combat, which is where I have the most problems with being fast enough; Swiftness is better once the combat has started, but by then I have the goo to keep them tied up so that I can Fling or poison them.