Late Game Singed, or "How to Run Ahead of Your Team Screaming Like a Maniac"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bandaidsaregood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

If you're reading this now, either you have a familiarity with the hero, or at the very least have been at a loss for words after a good one utterly dominates team fights by the end of the game. If you play Singed, as well you should considering he's the greatest support of all time, then you're likely familiar with the guide that will turn you into the freaking God of Thunder, the loving masterpiece by Condon.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=29504

Still, this Singed Bible can only go so far in teaching you the right way to handle the mid to late game of this unique hero. With the right build and items, over the course of the game you will go from somewhat impotent tank/harass to an inescapable, uncatchable cruise missile, gleefully shrieking through a lane much further than any sane ally would dare alone. The first step is to hit level 30. If you aren't level 30, you're probably doing something wrong. The proper Singed has a full arsenal of runes that are both mighty and bland to look at. Marks of Spell Pen, Seals of Dodge Chance, Glyphs of Ability Power (per level, naturally), and the Pièce de résistance, three Quintessences of Move Speed.

As for Masteries, you can go one of two ways, but inevitably you're going 15 into Utility for the move speed. Personally I go as deep in Defense as two in Veterans Scars and Improved Cleanse, because the regen and dodge are sublime, but if you're feeling especially saucy you could spring for the spell pen in Offense, so you're probably looking at 15/0/15 or 0/15/15. Some of you may be wondering why such a high priority is placed not on tanktasticness, but movement speed. A slow but burly singed is a nuisance, but he wont rocket through a team fight, deliver a near dead carry to your team, and chase an escaping champion all the way into their base for another kill. The faster you are, the better you are, because all of your killing prowess later on relies not on your fat deeps, but in your ability to catch and fling, and run past someone so you can waggle your noxious ass in their face while they inexplicably keep running that direction.

You're going to want to build a fairly standard set of items, with some slight variation. If you didn't buy the Regrowth Pendant, Alt-F4 and join a different game, because you just did it wrong. You're going to want that thing to get all big and strong and become a Rod of Ages well before the 15 minute mark, but your first "complete" item should be Boots of Swiftness. In the folly of my youth I'd grab Mercury Treads if the other team had too much crowd control, but your ability to do much of anything relies on you being the fastest b@stard on the map. If you have Cleanse and Ghost (with the relevant Masteries, of course) you shouldn't be too worried about enemy stuns and slows if you play it cool and don't try to get early kills against enemies early game. Following the boots, nab that Rod, and ignore any moron who says to buy an Archangel's Staff. The only time you should be spamming a spell is when you're throttling poison, and for the purposes of the bonus mana it doesn't count as a "spell". Don't ask me why, it's probably inherent racism on Riot's part.

Now that you've got two items under your belt you should be farming entire waves with relative ease while your team spars during those first big fights. This ought to grab you enough dough to get your third item, a Force of Nature. Mad health regen, mad spell resist, and, of course, move speed. The rest of your game is going to consist of grabbing other items that give you bonus speed with a few relevant extras, but speed is your primary concern. Rylais is inevitably the next step, because in their infinite wisdom his poison cloud counts as "single target", and if you did all this right, you're pushing almost 500 movement speed, and are ready to start single handedly smashing small gank squads and back-dooring three lanes worth of creeps and part of a tower. Never underestimate just how much you'll be hated after the 5th time you get away, so use this to your advantage. People get even ballsier against you, and really, shouldn't you teach them to respect the cloud?

One thing all Singed Guides tragically leave out is the all-players chat (team chat is for cowards, any plan you might want to cook up should be boldly advertised). Is your team being pushed into your base by the full force of the enemy? In the full glory of caps-lock, shout "Rally to me! Rally to meeeeeeee!" or "Fight on brothers! Chaaaaaarge!". Having done that, leave the giant team fight and rapidly extinguish all the creep waves up until the first enemy tower, and break it by yourself with your ult. People love getting kills. They love seeing those Meijas stacks go up, and they love buying the expensive toys they can never afford most games. Most times you do this, a good portion of the enemy team will actually call off their assault to chase you down for an "Easy kill". This is where your team comes in. With several if not all of the enemy team hot on your heels, you should be leading them around the map, turning around briefly to burst down someone a little faster than the rest of the group with fling. More than once has my team been able to turn the unorganized chaos that ensues to push back the attack, if not score an ace on the now AIDS-riddle champions still following you. If you have a moment of rest, shout in the chat more, I find a good "HOOOOOOOO" nicely puncuates a kill you just scored 30 yards behind you. Weaving through the woods blasting Agent Orange behind you, your journey will sometimes come to a tragic end. Perhaps most of their team pinpointed you near the dragon and decided to use their ults in tandem. Good. Was your team able to fight them off? No? Well, then clearly even General Singedwallis couldn't rally his lazy, shiftless troops to victory.

If your team -does- win, however, make sure to loudly boast, claim the credit for single handedly breaking the siege, and repeat the process. Your regular speed should be almost as fast as a Dr. Mundo with ghost up, so your ability to backdoor an entire lane and it's tower is unmatched. Hell, if there's one hero there defending it, try breaking it while he flails his limp wrists at you, if you have both your summoner spells up your sleeve it shouldn't take much effect to escape a situation that would get a Kassadin Rodney King'ed.

My fellow Singed players, I'd like to end this not-so-humble guide with a salute. Even though I never see you guys 9/10 games, there's nothing quite as exhilarating (or deserving to have Yakkity-Sax played in the background) as two Singed trying to kill eachother. If you haven't seen the famed "Double-Fling" you haven't played this game. Don't be discouraged at Riot's blatant racism against people of Mad Chemist ethnicity. One day, we'll have that lab coat Singed skin. Lord knows Warwick and Teemo need any more, after all, so we're totally next in line. Probably.

Haha, ****, who am I kidding, Nassus will get one before Singed does. Feel free to add advice/talk **** about Singed.

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-12-2010

I get Boots + 3 HP pots in the beginning, but everything else is pretty much exactly what I do. Have you considered getting Haunting Guise somewhere? The M.Pen does help your poison damage and the spell vamp helps you stay out on the field a little while longer.

bandaidsaregood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Sine Nefas View Post
I get Boots + 3 HP pots in the beginning, but everything else is pretty much exactly what I do. Have you considered getting Haunting Guise somewhere? The M.Pen does help your poison damage and the spell vamp helps you stay out on the field a little while longer.
Most games dont go that long, sadly, but I always consider it if I'm getting hurt too badly during or after team fights.

SoopaTomato

Recruiter

05-12-2010

Rally hoooooooooooo

Sessorach

05-12-2010

I've seen many foolish Garens blast their own T-cells trying to chase down Singed. The fling+goo kill is just so demoralizing. Kudos to you, brave AIDS warrior.

Mr Geppetto

05-12-2010

Everyone knows double-fling!

Bechermeister

05-13-2010

great guide.

First item is pendant people listen to this guide, but i prefer doran shield. I build him a bit more tanky. So i prefer mercury and warden mail or soul shroud after ROA. Its great thing to balance tankiness and AP.

Anthony Giedos

05-13-2010

Ryalis is just soooo awsome with singed, nevr understood why there is not more focus on it. Good guide man, I luv singed.......

bandaidsaregood

05-13-2010

The problem with building tanky is that if you eschew speed for durability, people will see you coming and just get out of your way or chase you down. You need to be able to fly in screaming, and even without "tan items" you're deceptively beefy with your ult on. Unless a Kennen is somehow permastunning you, you should be controlling the flow of combat once that speed flies to 500, even an Ezreal/Kassadin can't escape you by themselves at that point.

Sevrin

05-22-2010

Odd how there are a few amazing guides for singed, but no one bothering to use said guides, while so many other champs run about without a soul figuring out an amazing build