2 concerns with Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theorycrafter

08-19-2011

1) Tanky dps superiority. I mean really, a tanky dps can delay even 2 people with their ridiculous sustain and resistance. That's worrysome, because who cares if you're mobile if you can't win a point from resistant characters who deal "respectable" damage.
2) IP gains - ie will a 25 min Summoner's rift match equal in a 25 min in IP?

Thanks for answering ^_^

TechnMage

08-19-2011

well alot of sustain tanky dps get their sustain from creeps, look at mordekaiser for example, without creeps to fight with his power is severely dampened, same with somone like irelia, without healing off creeps by attacking she will not be able to sustain herself up. Now i agree they will be good, for instance sending her to gaurd from 2 enemies engaging bot and 4 go top to overpower their 3.

ElJiggles

08-19-2011

I'm more scared of champions like Akali or Lee Sin.

TacoMental

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJiggles View Post
I'm more scared of champions like Akali or Lee Sin.

Lee sin will be a beast. Actually I think assassin's in general will be the best champs for dominion.

Nekroskop

08-19-2011

I heard from a commentary that there will be a global passive that will give all champs stats like flat armor pen to counter tanky dps. Dont know how effective it will be.

saurabh

08-19-2011

cho gath will be op!
leave him to defend and let even 5 of the others come.. they will try in vain

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Why bring tanky dps when you can just bring a tank. You don't have to kill people, just deal any damage.

srsizzy

08-19-2011

Have you seen any of these matches? The map gives passive armor pen and magic pen. I saw Amumu solo defend a control point MANY times, but in the end, he still died, and people often got the point.

This map is on crazy steroids. Frankly, I don't think any champion class will dominate. The game inherently allows for a lot of awesome strat, but a tank solo defending a point is just a valid aspect of the game. He's taken out of combat/capturing other points, and taken away from being a TANK for the rest of his team. It all balances out.

DingoAteMyBaby

08-19-2011

Mobility will be valued in Dominion, and tanky DPS generally lack mobility.

skyqula

08-19-2011

Yeah, you guys noticed the buff everyone gets on crystal scar? Something along the lines of 15% armor pen 5% magic pen 7 mp5 and 20% reduced healing. That hits tanky DPS and sustain quite well, IMO.