Dominion - Too much of a good thing?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inanimate Object

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Why flame a guy for voicing a legitimate concern? It makes sense that maybe it will cheapen the thrill of the fights, but I'm sure the map objectives will counter this.

Baconnaise

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRomance View Post
DAoC blowz
I h8 u go DIAF

Sonovius

08-19-2011

More action, less action I dont care as long as new modes come out. I'd rather any new mode come out pass or fail than the next 20 champs.

Cenerae

08-19-2011

If nothing else, the people that think they're playing an FPS game will migrate to Dominion and be happier.

Which will mean fewer twits on Summoner's Rift whining about how their support is 0/2 after 40 minutes...while ignoring the 30 assists.

TacoMental

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedali View Post
I don't know why so many of you are rabidly defending Dominion. I didn't say it shouldn't be released or that there's no potential fun in it. I'm just wondering if it has the power to hold people's attention over the long term, or if it will get boring after a while. As I've said, I hope that it is very exciting and I can enjoy playing it for a long time.
Keep in mind too that watching and playing are far different. A game with a frenetic pace tends to be more fun to play than watch in my opinion. For me a big part of the fun will be min/maxing the strategy of start money. Finding out which builds and items are really strong on certain characters etc.

The other thing is that it seems many characters that would normally not be a viable pick have certain strengths in this new playstyle. Thats a refreshing thought. Sure I like ashe but I don't want to have to play ashe EVERY SINGLE GAME just to be competitive.

KrupsMcGee

08-19-2011

So summoner's rift is like soccer and crystal scar is like basketball? Both are exciting for different reasons, and I think everyone will enjoy the change of pace even if they prefer one map over the other.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

I personally prefer constant action focused on an objective, not just gaining critical mass via farming or kills to steam-roll.

Karandor

Adjudicator

08-19-2011

There is going to be an incredible amount of tactics and strategy involved with Dominion. Just in the stream you often saw a choice with starting gold between speed, durabilty or damage.

From what I saw I think that durability and damage win out in the end. I fully intend on trying a catalyst first heimerdinger defending the bottom point.

New game modes are always going to be chaotic because no one knows the best way of doing things yet.I'm also not THAT worried about tanky DPS as the new items aimed at RDPS are insane.

Bloodrazor that only requires pickaxe and bow? Yes please.

MrCheezle1988

08-19-2011

I don't get why everyone is so worried it wont be fun. Most of the people playing on the live stream just started playing that very same day most likely. Not like they have had time to play 30+games and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Personally i cant wait for this game mode, it takes the really boring farm and run around in circles until someone gets the balls to push or gank or w/e