I know what I'm about to say is MobA heresy but...

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LethalityVoX

Senior Member

08-19-2011

I honestly think Dominion is going to be the better game mode. More fun, zero passivity, less snowballing, far more tactical, and just a better contest of skill IMHO. Anyone else feel this way?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Svetsunov

Member

08-19-2011

Honestly after the stream today i definitely think it will get a little competitive attention. Its kinda like TF2+LoL in a way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SiriusBeatz

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Dominion looks like it would be better fit for solo queue than Summoner's Rift, I think. Much more tactical, far less strategic. Emphasis on smaller skirmishes allows for better demonstration and higher significance of personal skill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-19-2011

I like the removal of the tedious aspects of MOBAs (farming, hiding by turrets/passive gameplay etc.) that Dominion seems to provide.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LethalityVoX

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoSmuggler View Post
Honestly after the stream today i definitely think it will get a little competitive attention. Its kinda like TF2+LoL in a way.
I hope so, I honestly think that the laning phase is probably the worst part of MobAs and having farm being such a deciding factor in who wins is just lame; it effectively rewards passivity and harshly punishes aggression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSiriusx View Post
Dominion looks like it would be better fit for solo queue than Summoner's Rift, I think. Much more tactical, far less strategic. Emphasis on smaller skirmishes allows for better demonstration and higher significance of personal skill.
Good point, and pretty much the heart of my sentiment. Also, I like how you say LESS strategic, because there is definitely strategy there but it seems like dominion just does away with a lot of the more frustrating aspects of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Why dominion can't go competitive.

Too much action. It dulls down the good moments. Since EVERYTHING is an action moment the announcers can't just build up excitement for 30 straight minutes.
Too little strategy. Its just a micro tactics game. You lows and highs of a typical match don't apply. You don't go oooohhhhh you go Oh, he died again.

Put simply, it'd be like if they made an official game mode for starcraft 2 where each player started off with 50 units and then microed their way to victory, last team standing wins. It'd be like SO MUCH EXCITEMENT but eventually you'd be left craving more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DBizzle4Athene

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoSmuggler View Post
Honestly after the stream today i definitely think it will get a little competitive attention. Its kinda like TF2+LoL in a way.
Can I unlock hats for my favorite hero now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMFW

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Im with you on that one OP,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baconnaise

Senior Member

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Why dominion can't go competitive.

Too much action. It dulls down the good moments. Since EVERYTHING is an action moment the announcers can't just build up excitement for 30 straight minutes.
Too little strategy. Its just a micro tactics game. You lows and highs of a typical match don't apply. You don't go oooohhhhh you go Oh, he died again.

Put simply, it'd be like if they made an official game mode for starcraft 2 where each player started off with 50 units and then microed their way to victory, last team standing wins. It'd be like SO MUCH EXCITEMENT but eventually you'd be left craving more.
Why is the UFC and MMA in general so popular then?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattrellen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-19-2011

I think it will get ultra passive after a certain point. If you can hold 3 areas, you will win. The trick is all in just making sure you get a lead and keep it. There's no need for a team that is winning to try to push for a win, which could backfire in a long game, resulting in an ace and a comeback win.

If you get a lead, you can actually win with passive play, its just that the passive time comes toward the end, not the start, of the match.

Snowballing can happen in the same way. Defending is easier than attacking a point, so if you can get to a point where you are defending more than attacking, you can more easily get more kills and better items.


123