Can't seem to figure out Irelia...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellllloooo

08-19-2011

Bought her and played decently my first game. Since then, I'm at a loss. I know the builds are usually TF -> Tanky items... but I feel like I don't do enough burst - let alone sustained damage at all.

The burst combo I use is W->Q->E, and it barely does anything. What am I doing wrong?

GoldenLancer

08-19-2011

Her big advantage is her ability to farm like a god.

What your probably doing wrong is getting out leveled.

Irellia should be in her lane much longer than normal champs. When the teamfight stage comes (lvl 11 or so) keep farming. Stay in lane to 16 or so, when you leave you can actually have a cs score double anyone but mord.

Get tf, and is get one other hybrid item. I don't play irellia myself much)

LethalTerror

08-19-2011

rush merc treads (goes well with her passive, they stack), then rush philo stone for all that regen and gold. then u farm like a pro, rush sheen, phage, zeal, trinity. then go for all defense, i love to get force of nature, thornmail, banshees, randuins. u will be godlike.

oh yeah, if they dont have overwhelming force and u can take some time, wait between ur abilities 2 seconds to get sheen/trinity proc on each ability.

Zaiik

08-19-2011

I play Irelia on a regular basis now and I've noticed that buying beserkers greaves instead of the tenacity boots turns out for the better as golden lancer is right. Laning/farming is a huge part of whether or not you are going to be able to kill something. Your rotation is actually 100% correct. There is no better way of doing it.

So get TF then I tend to go for a zeal, then I grab my lifesteal on either hextech gunblade or bloodthirster. Then after that get the phantom dancer and at that point you should be able to farm no problem. Kills won't be a problem unless you attempt to kill a tank <-- (Not advised)

Zaiik

08-19-2011

And on what lethalterror said his end is more tanky. Where mine is a sneak up in a team fight and wreck the closest thing to me. It all depends on what kind of build you're going for.

LethalTerror

08-19-2011

yes, u can go full anti carry and get some more burst, but the first 3 item are almost always the same, merc, philo, trinity.

Mellllloooo

08-19-2011

How viable is Irelia as a pure anti-carry and not an off-tank? Just stack AD items.

Merit133

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-19-2011

If you build tanky after your tri-force (which is what I HIGHLY recommend), you are still an anti carry. When their dps and tanks try to focus you, they will have a tough time and are better off going for your carry. When I play Irelia, usually I'm the tankiest person, if not I'll throw a wits end on top of the t-force and go the rest tanky.