Unpredictable lag spikes, making LoL unplayable.

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

painboots

01-10-2011

I just started having this problem yesterday. My champ will walk in circles when i click and i basically freeze for 15-20 seconds at a time

Willmus

01-10-2011

I plugged my laptop into the wall and the problem went away. It must be wireless problems with the client. I will try to fix my card.

Palasit

01-10-2011

Post Dxdiags plz

Willmus

01-10-2011

hey guys. I fixed the problem! I will post a how to tutorial on how to fix it. I am using a laptop with wireless internet. Basically, what you have to do is change the Wireless Channel on your router. When my game was lagging, My wireless channel was on 1. I switched the channel to 6, and i have only had 3 lag spikes within the past 4 games, each lasting only 1 second. I feel that behavior is typical, so I am happy with my results. Here is the step by step process on how to fix.

1. Open up your wireless router settings menu. To access this, type either "192.168.1.1" or "192.168.0.1" in your internet browser address bar.
2. You will be prompted with a menu asking for login credentials. The default for Linksys routers: Login: admin, Password: admin (If you don't own a Linksys router, google what your login is. This can be changed as well, so ask someone who would know how to access the wireless settings.
3. Go to the wireless tab and go to basic wireless settings tab.
4. In this menu, you will see Wireless Channel. Change this setting to 6.
5. Save changes, then test out your game!

Hopefully this works for you guys. If it doesn't, then we have a different problem. If the channel is already at 6, try moving it to 1 or 11. This guide was very rough and I will post a more detailed one if need be. Can I get Riot points for solving this? :P A job with Riot would be even better! Hahahahah have a good one guys, and happy pwning

Willmus

01-11-2011

Has anyone had any success with this?

Willmus

01-11-2011

bump

Dethdefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2011

I have the same problem.. My character freezes for 10+ seconds while playing. I am the onlt player effected. I can see all the other players moving and if im in a fight i watch the player kill my as I stand there with no ability to control or move my guy..

Willmus

01-11-2011

well did you try my solution?

Willmus

01-11-2011

Different solution. I feel this is the actual fix here.
1. Right Click My Computer and click properties
2. Go to Device Manager
3. Go to Network Adapters
4. Double click your wireless card
5. Click the advanced tab
6. Click on 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4 and change the value to Auto
7. Play LoL!

Dimzi

01-11-2011

I've had this problem before. I just unplug my router and modem and plug them back in (modem first). Inconvenient, but gets rid of the lag spikes.

1234567 ... 8