Dominion and Intel Extreme Masters Livestreams All Weekend

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dommm

08-19-2011

Lol, that picture is of SC2

I doubt LoL could actually pull an audience like that. I can't remember what the audience was like at the last LoL tournament, but it was pitiful compared to SC2

Amariithynar

08-19-2011

Seriously, don't watch it on owned.tv. They're garbage. -.- Ads overriding mid-livestream that are annoying sound effects just blaring in your ears, totally drowning out the actual stream.

use justin.tv instead. They actually have good quality.

Dommm

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrangler View Post
That picture is the crowd from when Millennium played TSM on the main stage. (You can see both teams on either side of the image.) The game being broadcast at that time was LoL
By virtue of that they are sharing the same stage as SC2. You would have to be kidding yourself if you think THAT many people care about LoL.

I can't remember the last event LoL was at, but when it wasn't on the same Stage as SC2 you could count the number of people watching the games with your hands

People like to watch it online, but LoL--like other MOBA games--are soo hard to watch as a spectator sport

Click Accept Guy

Web Content Manager

08-19-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
By virtue of that they are sharing the same stage as SC2. You would have to be kidding yourself if you think THAT many people care about LoL.

I can't remember the last event LoL was at, but when it wasn't on the same Stage as SC2 you could count the number of people watching the games with your hands

People like to watch it online, but LoL--like other MOBA games--are soo hard to watch as a spectator sport
Nah, the only game being showed the crowd was LoL in that photo. SC2 was being shown on another stream, but not viewable to the crowd.

Falleth

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsomater View Post
Nice plagiarism there Riot. That IS NOT your crowd. Good job stealing a pic from starcraft 2. Hope it makes you feel good.
Apparently Riot needs to circle TSM team on left and Millenium for people like you.

Dommm

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrangler View Post
Nah, the only game being showed the crowd was LoL in that photo. SC2 was being shown on another stream, but not viewable to the crowd.
That wasn't the point.

The point was that both are being shown on the same screen, obviously not at the same time. But the crowed is there for SC2, not really for LoL :/ You can ask anyone at the event, most people want LoL to finish because they want to watch SC2

EDIT:

I mean, just compare the cheering that happens during LoL compared to SC2, completely different magnitudes

Falleth

08-19-2011

Quote:
That wasn't the point.

The point was that both are being shown on the same screen, obviously not at the same time. But the crowed is there for SC2, not really for LoL :/ You can ask anyone at the event, most people want LoL to finish because they want to watch SC2

EDIT:

I mean, just compare the cheering that happens during LoL compared to SC2, completely different magnitudes
I'm glad we have psychics like you, who can read their minds.

Dommm

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
I'm glad we have psychics like you, who can read their minds.
Friends are at the event. The cheering you can hear on the stream.

I like LoL and everything, but really, that is SC2's doing, not LoL

EDIT:

Nothing to be ashamed of piggy backing of SC2, maybe people might take a liking to LoL after awhile

Nojito

08-19-2011

Quote:
That wasn't the point.

EDIT:

The audience isn't mic'ed to the live stream also the shoutcasters said the crowd wasn't able to hear them well either

Dommm

08-19-2011

Yeah you know what I take it back. Seems like people are here for so many different things, not just sc2. One of the casters said that atmosphere wasn't that great because there are so many games that people are here for, including LoL

12345678 ... 9