Akali Q and A!?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kavanah

05-12-2010

Here's the deal, I have a few questions about Akali's mechanics so I want to ask them and let others ask questions that I will add to this as well. If you answer a question, please quote which question or which # question as well as if you are 100% sure about your answer, or assume, or have a theory about your answer. Provide source if possible please. And lastly, please do not ask for an item build or rune page or anything of that sort. This is about learning her mechanics, not her cookie cutters.

#1 Can Akali be seen in her Shroud if someone has an oracle or ward placed?
#2 What is the proper opening skill rotation in a teamfight and solo fight?
#3 Are Meja's working with passive or is it bugged?
#4 Has anyone else had Shroud not work properly?
#5 What are the essences for exactly?
#6 How does Shadow work exactly?
#7 Can you Shadow over walls? IE stealing baron.
#8 Akali's innate spellvamp appears to trigger off crescent strike even though it's physical damage. Does Guise trigger too? Does Guise spellvamp off Mystic shot, for instance?

All the ones frequently asked that I can think of at the moment, Please feel free to ask your own questions and I'll add the good ones to the list. Thanks and I hope this helps the community learn this new hero.

Be Calm Carry On

05-12-2010

#1 I believe shroud puts her in stealth, things that reveal stealth should reveal her- including corki's grenade.
#2 I don't have a lot of experience yet to back this up, but ideally I would mark, shadowdance, autoattack to trigger, crescent, repeat as necessary.
#3 I understand it does not scale with the passive, and so is bugged.
#4 Not me.
#5 Ammo for shadowdance, much like Corki's missiles. Unlike his missiles, Akali does not lose stacks on death and even seems to continue gaining them postmortem. Weird, huh?
#6 Pretty much a long range shunpo that doesn't target allies. She has an animation to her target, but it's fast and I've never seen it blocked by terrain.
#7 Provided you have line of sight, yes.

Here's a question of my own- Akali's innate spellvamp appears to trigger off crescent strike even though it's physical damage. Does Guise trigger too? Does Guise spellvamp off Mystic shot, for instance?

Never Knows Best

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavanah View Post
Here's the deal, I have a few questions about Akali's mechanics so I want to ask them and let others ask questions that I will add to this as well. If you answer a question, please quote which question or which # question as well as if you are 100% sure about your answer, or assume, or have a theory about your answer. Provide source if possible please. And lastly, please do not ask for an item build or rune page or anything of that sort. This is about learning her mechanics, not her cookie cutters.

#1 Can Akali be seen in her Shroud if someone has an oracle or ward placed?
#2 What is the proper opening skill rotation in a teamfight and solo fight?
#3 Are Meja's working with passive or is it bugged?
#4 Has anyone else had Shroud not work properly?
#5 What are the essences for exactly?
#6 How does Shadow work exactly?
#7 Can you Shadow over walls? IE stealing baron.

All the ones frequently asked that I can think of at the moment, Please feel free to ask your own questions and I'll add the good ones to the list. Thanks and I hope this helps the community learn this new hero.
#1) unfortunately yes it counts as a cloak so any form of stealth detection works against it.
#2) Most of the time Mark, Rush *mid rush cresent*, Shadow, auto attack Repeat.
#3) haven't tried it yet but what from i heard it should and probably.
#4) define not work? did you accidentally auto attack something? *otherwise no*
#5) see previous answer
#6) "
#7) "

Meta

05-12-2010

I agree with pretty much everything the above poster said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indophal View Post
Here's a question of my own- Akali's innate spellvamp appears to trigger off crescent strike even though it's physical damage.
Definitely yes.

Quote:
Does Guise trigger too?
This one I'm not 100% sure about, but I'm pretty sure it's yes.

Quote:
Does Guise spellvamp off Mystic shot, for instance?
Not sure, never gotten Haunting Guise on Ezreal.

Kavanah

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indophal View Post
#6 Pretty much a long range shunpo that doesn't target allies. She has an animation to her target, but it's fast and I've never seen it blocked by terrain.
The other day I Shadowed into a team fight, went through my rotation, and shadowed OUT of a teamfight. What I did was dropped my Shroud in the team fight, marked, shadowed, cresent, shadowed out. I don't know how or what I did to trigger it. I was wondering if you can shadow out of shroud and only shroud?

Meta

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavanah View Post
The other day I Shadowed into a team fight, went through my rotation, and shadowed OUT of a teamfight. What I did was dropped my Shroud in the team fight, marked, shadowed, cresent, shadowed out. I don't know how or what I did to trigger it. I was wondering if you can shadow out of shroud and only shroud?
Did you target an enemy minion?

EcoEco

05-12-2010

I got a question, can Warwick detect her in her shroud?

I still see the debuff on Akali but...I dunno if he can still see me or not when Im stealthed or I cant even go stealth?

Im not sure. I know Warwick's debuff stops Garen's passive from working since he needs to be outside of attacking or being attack (by skills or autoattack). Not sure for Akali's stealth though...

Meta

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoEco View Post
I got a question, can Warwick detect her in her shroud?

I still see the debuff on Akali but...I dunno if he can still see me or not when Im stealthed or I cant even go stealth?

Im not sure. I know Warwick's debuff stops Garen's passive from working since he needs to be outside of attacking or being attack (by skills or autoattack). Not sure for Akali's stealth though...
I can't verify for certain, but I would assume it works the same as any stealth, meaning he would not be able to see her while in her shroud.

DryPenguin

05-12-2010

Warwick can not see her in shroud. Oracles and wards can see her in shroud.

You can use your ult through terrain.

Opening moves are as stated above.

EcoEco

05-12-2010

Okay I wanna ask how Stealth works, I just realized Im not that clear with it

If say you are Twitch or Eve or even Akali, you are going to stealth. There is a minor delay of a sec or two. Sometimes I attack them and they still go stealth, sometimes they doesn't. Care to explain? Sorry for noobish questions