@Riot: The Dominion Minecraft Project

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaluunit

08-22-2011

bump for a red post since this got moved forums

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

No offense, but I don't understand the appeal of Minecraft. Graphics look like something from 1995 and you have to pay for it? Eww. Sort of like building with a Lego set, I get that appeal, except a Lego set is more specific and offers more total pieces and functions (but probably would cost a whole lot more time and money to assemble a Lego Dominion IRL).

Sorry, don't mean to hate, just I'm looking at these screenshots thinking how in the hell are you guys ever going to translate what Dominion looks like into something that represents Dominion based off a limited square-based toolbox? But if it's fun that's all that matters!

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak?ta View Post
I made Summoner's Rift in Minecraft. Took like 4 weeks. It looked awful.
^lol

that's all I'm saying, but hope it turns out well

kaluunit

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGvPx View Post
No offense, but I don't understand the appeal of Minecraft. Graphics look like something from 1995 and you have to pay for it? Eww. Sort of like building with a Lego set, I get that appeal, except a Lego set is more specific and offers more total pieces and functions (but probably would cost a whole lot more time and money to assemble a Lego Dominion IRL).

Sorry, don't mean to hate, just I'm looking at these screenshots thinking how in the hell are you guys ever going to translate what Dominion looks like into something that represents Dominion based off a limited square-based toolbox? But if it's fun that's all that matters!
I completely understand, and you're right, minecraft isn't for everyone. I guess part of the appeal is the challenge that we have to make something as sexy and awesome as dominion in something so limiting as minecraft. It's quite invigorating.

sensehership

08-22-2011

bump

Khaotik27

08-22-2011

I just like making superstructures and 551 diameter circle more than qualifies.

Frag Pulf

08-22-2011

100th Upvoter right here. What a task you guys have taken on. Looking good

kaluunit

08-22-2011

thanks man!

so, our wall breaches the ocean, which means we have to fill in the ocean to build dominion.

JUST LIKE REAL SUMMONERS, WE DESTROY GOOD THINGS FOR OUR OWN USE

kaluunit

08-22-2011

*sigh*

the reds don't post in the dominion board, do they

MrHaveANiceDay

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluunit View Post
*sigh*

the reds don't post in the dominion board, do they
They do it all the time. They just hate you >.>