New League of Legends DLC for XBox 360 and PS3!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UdyrIsAWESOME

11-12-2010

The OP is NOT talking about porting League of Legends to the Console systems, you dunderheads.

He's talking about having Downloadable Content. Such as wallpaper, and avatar icons, and LoL clothing for your avatar and all that gravy.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdyrIsAWESOME View Post
The OP is NOT talking about porting League of Legends to the Console systems, you dunderheads.

He's talking about having Downloadable Content. Such as wallpaper, and avatar icons, and LoL clothing for your avatar and all that gravy.
He was kind of vague about it...

But your suggestions would be cool too I suppose.

Tolandt

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shides View Post
I would cry..... hell even weep if you told me I had to use an xbox 360 controller to play this game....

its just not viable on those platforms

They won't release a mouse and keyboard to the consoles as must PC gamers would school the console crowds. The mouse / keyboard combo vs a controller is vastly superior.

Its no contest... I just dont see it being viable at all.

Its the same reason they dont release 1/2 the pc games to the consoles, the hardware just does't allow for it.

and yes.. you can buy redicilously expensive alternatives to mimic a controller, but the average user isn't willing to do it. They want everyone using the same devices to keep things even.
it really wouldnt be all that hard to play you have enough buttons on a controller it would just take a little time to learn to use a joystick instead of a mouse to move your character (which would also be the hardest part of converting this in to a console game). You could use a,b,x,y instead of qwer, use L and R instead of d,f. and go back to shop using select or LB or RB. If this game was able to be played on a console I would buy it for sure and I would also waste a lot of money on xbox live and my life siting in front of my tv playing it instead of a computer

killd0zer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

Starcraft 64

/thread

DJive

12-03-2010

This community is ******ed enough.. Please don't port to Console.

Slade

12-03-2010

Stop necroing threads. Second time it's been necroed.

Jvstice

02-09-2011

I don't think console players could ever compete with PC players, but I do think LoL would be a lot of fun on a console (possibly with some adjustments to the targeting systems) especially if they added local multiplayer. The console market is in desperate need of some kind of DotA/arena game, so if Riot doesn't do it, I'm thinking someone else will.

I think snap-targeting would be beneficial to the abilities (such as Jax's leap-strike) that can only be used on champions and minions (you could press a modifier button to choose which of these you're trying to target) and that could very well make this kind of targeting even faster than the PC. Directional abilities (like Olaf's axe) I think would be just as easy as with a mouse, and so the only thing I really see being slower are the ground-targeting abilities (like Teemo's 'shrooms or Karthus' annoying little purple explosions). As for movement, I would frankly prefer to use a d-pad instead of a mouse.

Again, you would need a separate game or version of LoL with a separate community to play on consoles, and you would want to make some adjustments to the targeting system; however, all the necessary buttons are there and the fast paced, highly competitive nature of this type of game would fit nicely with the console market.

Soksume

02-20-2011

Controls arent an issue both Xbox and Ps3 support usb jut port it to use a usb mouse and keyboard

ShadowMagi

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soksume View Post
controls arent an issue both xbox and ps3 support usb jut port it to use a usb mouse and keyboard
qft

Tenant

Friend of Urf

06-15-2011

It's been seven months since I've disagreed with this.

...I still disagree with this.