Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Y u no unlock camra riot !?!?!?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nessly

08-18-2011

anyone else agree being on the purple side sucks cause you have a locked camra?

Verdeiwsp

08-18-2011

I was intimidated by the title at first, but I agree, Purple Side has a disadvantage.

Reynbow

08-19-2011

I can understand the reasoning. But I don't see it as a major issue to be honest.
It could be nice, but ultimately, not as important as some other things.
Maybe just a camera flip option? =P

Holyninja90

Recruiter

08-19-2011

The Camera flip Idea seems to be popular. I agree that blue has a slight advantage on a evenly matched team. Though wins probably work out to be evenly split. For me i prefer to play with a locked screen and am unable to do this when purple. I can't see my enemy. Which is annoying and I think much worse for players not used to MOBA games. This would be a good fix to help attract new players.

RavenSherbert

Recruiter

08-21-2011

Yes this issue is game breaking for me for 5v5. I can not see ranged classes shooting from the south, but they have full view of me. I can only play 3v3 because of this.

Shagra

08-21-2011

I dislike being on purple, but it doesn't really hurt my playing any. I usually play mid anyhoo.

Kldran

08-22-2011

You can unlock the camera. I remember being told how to do it in the tutorial. There's a button that looks like an eye, that I believe does it.

hafar

08-24-2011

If the cameras locked over your character, press 'Y'.

They also have the "Map Flip" button now.

The only real disadvantage Purple Side has (since maps are 98% symmetrical) is bot lane is closer to dragon.