[Guide]Support Ezreal - Soraka 2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krath4

05-12-2010

Introduction

Now, you see posts all the time about what's best. AP Ezreal or AD Ezreal? The answer is neither. Support Ezreal is like Soraka on crack. With this build you can easily keep your team rejuvenated and deal respectable damage while not being terribly squishy. One thing to note is that Support Ezreal's usefulness is limited in solo queue because of sub-par communication and such. For this build to truly shine, you'll likely want a premade, preferably with Ventrillo or Skype or some such.

Pre Game

For Runes, you'll want flat Health Quintessences, Cooldown reduction Glyphs, Cooldown Reduction Seals, and flat Armor marks. This gives you defense and cd reduction, which you'll be wanting for this build, especially since we won't be getting too many CD reduction items.

As for masteries, go 9/0/21. You want that 9 in Offense so you can get Sorcery and Archaic Knowledge, and then you max Utility for the various bonuses it brings.

Summoner spells, you can't really go wrong here. A few recommended ones are:

Cleanse: Because if you get CC focused, no matter how tanky you are you're probably screwed.

Clarity: Ezreal has very bad early game mana problems, even with mana regeneration.

Exhaust: Makes the enemy carry useless so your team can eat him up.

Clairvoyance: Works great on any support character, especially if you get the mastery.

I personally use Cleanse/Exhaust.

Items

First trip: Mana Manipulator OR Sapphire Crystal + Health Potions. The first main item we're going to go for is an Innervating Locket. Since both the Mana Manipulator and Catalyst turn into it, it's a matter of preference which one you want to go for first.

Second trip: Boots. Also, Catalyst if you got Sapphire Crystal first.

Third trip: Mana Manipulator or Catalyst, whatever you didn't get first.

Fourth trip: Innervating Locket and upgraded boots of your choice. I usually use Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi depending on the enemy team. Now that you have your Locket, you're not so squishy anymore, and you're also able to keep your allies mana and health up easily with your spell spam.

Fifth trip: Begin working on Rylai's Scepter. You're probably going to want to begin with a Giants Belt.

Sixth trip: Finish Rylai's Scepter. The slow on every spell hit is a great boon to your entire team, letting you easily chase anyone down. If you have enough money, begin working on a Abyssal Scepter. However, the game should be coming to a close by now.

Seventh trip: Finish your Abyssal Scepter. The game should probably be over by now. If by chance it's still going, you can get a Lich Bane for some damage output with Q. Your last item slot is up to personal preference.

Skills

Mystic Shot
Essence Flux
Arcane Shift
Essence Flux
Arcane Shift
Trueshot Barrage
Mystic Shot
Essence Flux
Arcane Shift
Essence Flux
Trueshot Barrage
Arcane Shift
Essence Flux
Arcane Shift
Mystic Shot
Trueshot Barrage
Mystic Shot
Mystic Shot

You want to leave Mystic Shot a level 1-2 for a while, because you're mostly just going to use it to proc Locket anyway, and extra levels increase the mana cost. You want to max Essence Flux ASAP for the healing and AS buff, then max Arcane Shift for the damage and cooldwn.

Early Game

As Support Ezreal, you'll likely want to take a side lane and leave mid to someone like Katarina or Ashe. Laning with another great harasser like Karthus or Heimerdinger is great. You have two objectives: 1. Harass the enemy as much as possible. 2. Make sure neither you nor your partner die. Make sure you don't overextend and get yourselves killed. At this stage of the game, you should be harassing with Q and focusing on last hitting as much as possible, because we need that Locket ASAP. Other than that, basic rules apply. Keep an eye on your map, call MIA's, and make sure you don't get ganked.

Mid Game

The stage of the game where 5 man ganks rule. You're going to want to travel with teammates. Your role isn't as a major damage dealer, but to buff allies with Essence Flux, and act in a supporting and secondary damage dealer role. Initiating with Trueshot Barrage helps get the ball rolling. Ask an ally to help you get the Golem buff, if you get a chance, because it virtually eliminates all your mana problems and lets you proc Locket with more spell spam. With your allies, focus on ganking and pushing lanes, which your W helps along nicely.

Late Game

Now that you (hopefully) have Rylai's, nobody can run from you. You're going to be the initiator. Open up with a Trueshot Barrage, E in, fire Q, and then fire W when your teammates are nice and lined up. This does take a degree of coordination, so be sure to chat with your allies. Always, ALWAYS, be travelling with allies. In this stage of the game, travelling alone is basically a death warrant, and the death timers will go on for 40+ seconds, which is valuable time you can't waste. If possible, grab Baron ASAP, and keep your Golem buff on at all times.

Mesa H

05-12-2010

So.... AP ezreal with a locket sums it up?

Although i agree an ezreal is much more useful if he puts healing teammates as a higher priority to killing

Decent item build.

Morinav

05-12-2010

Ok, I haven't read your guide at all but I'm going to bet your AP/AD stompin' revolutionary build is AP Ezreal with an Innervating Locket.

Edit: Yup

Teladis

05-12-2010

Support Ezreal? Really? Thats like a waste of Ezreal true strenght.

Morinav

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager1982 View Post
Support Ezreal? Really? Thats like a waste of Ezreal true strenght.
Which is?

Louise

05-12-2010

phat deeps!

duh

Exitwounds

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
Which is?
His ability to rip a single target apart .....

The locket is good, but I would be hard pressed to say it turns you into support. You're still a high DPS caster who is going to naturally excel in killing above everything else.

The locket to me just seems like wasted early game kills. You have a mediocre aura buff at the expense of raw killing power, rather than building upon your natural strengths.

It would work, I just am not convinced its worth giving up raw AP for.

Ez is good support if you go straight AP. You get CD reductions with mage classes as is, and the AP is a double edged sword. Massive, multi target damage on Essence flux, and strong multi ally healing.

Just my .02

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

Guess you're new to this.

People on here have been talking **** on my Locket build for a while now.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=87828

Used to annoy me when I'd get people in-game telling me my locket build sucks. Now I just say "No it doesn't". They reply "Yes it does!" I reply "Nope."... end of conversation usually.

Then we win.

@ Exitwounds, If you're skeptical... try it. Worse case scenario you have more mana/HP than normal at the cost of raw AP, and can continue on with the rest of your usual build.