Rod of Ages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowblazr

08-18-2011

Does it still have the same charge time or did it get decreased for dominion?

BadgerBarrage

08-18-2011

I think it's the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jkSa...&feature=feedu (~12:04)

shadowblazr

08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidardeath View Post
I think it's the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jkSa...&feature=feedu (~12:04)
lol I was just watching that and thats why I asked. He doesnt show his Rod of Ages stacks though

Mr Wind Up Bird

08-18-2011

It's pretty unlikely that any item will behave differently on Dominion than it does on Summonear's Rift, given that Riot has stated that they don't want champions to work differently depending upon what map is being played and also has decided to create new items specifically for Dominion. As a result, you're unlikely to have a fully charged RoA for very long on the Crystal Scar. That said, both mana and health appear to be more important than they are on Summoner's Rift, so it might still be a fairly good item.

FeyChey

08-18-2011

the other thing is that you can get this item pretty quickly if you rush it since you can afford the catalyst right off the bat. The income looks fast enough that you should be able to get the remaining 1710 pretty quickly.

BaII

08-18-2011

plus with the catalyst passive of when you level up you gain mana and health will be very important for sustain.

BadgerBarrage

08-18-2011

If you look at around 12:04, the item description remains unchanged. Stacks are still gained per minute as is listed on the item.

If RoA was changed for Dominion, the text would be expected to reflect that, it does not. I must then draw the obvious conclusion that it stacks the same as normal.

rumples

08-18-2011

well it wont see any use unless they adjust it, just like gp5s

BadgerBarrage

08-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
well it wont see any use unless they adjust it, just like gp5s
Catalyst start and go for a ~5min RoA? Not sure exactly how long it'll take to get that on average. I'd rather have boots at the start though.

Nerdybeast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2011

I think for the starting money, they should have gone with 1649, just to mess with the people who would rush a BF sword.