How to counter Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I only feed View Post
As a TF who has stomped his fair share of that ****, get yourself an oracle/ward to place.

Akali couldn't take TF on directly if her life depended on it (unless she were fed ridiculously and TF were not).
Depends when you're at in the game. She doesn't have to attack from bubble. She could always R out of brush. And then TF had better pray he survives the burst to get Gold Card while the player panics. (Possibly panics. Personally, I think 90% of people will slow down a second from the "O shi-!" factor)

Ayoyagi Ritsuka

05-14-2010

I was fighting Akali today as Janna and noticed that it seemed like her skills went right through my shield. I would pop my shield and engage and in seconds I was dead, with my shield still on. I should have screenshotted this..

What most people keep saying about her on this thread seems wrong. She is not squishy... Eve is squishy, TF is squishy.. someone who starts with more hp than rammus... is NOT squishy. I need to check her hp stat to make sure, but every game where I had one on my team, she has had hp equal or higher then the tank at start. (And everyone is playing her right now...) So is her hp stat really that high? It bothers me.. I think if she is going to have so many options available to her they do in fact need to nerf something.. high hp, high mobility, stealthing like shaco, and burst dmg.. that's too much.

Vindictiv

05-14-2010

1v1 she's gonna be hard to engaged. She can dodge towers pretty well since she has good range on her ult and awsome burst.

The ult it-self doesnt hit that hard unless you factor in you can do it 3 times in a row. What really hurts is the ult + Q + auto attack and the fact you cant get away from her.

In team fight she dies really quickly to focus or CC. Her invis is usually easy to counter as an escape if your in team. You can use wild card and shoot thru her Shroud, might hit her.

But if you get in range of her ult and dont have good HP, she will kill you almost instantly.

Backdooring is going behind the flow of creep to destroy structures. Alot of champs are better at it then her.

edit: She is VERY squishy, like eve she has low base HP/armor/MR, low per lvl HP/armor/MR.

I personnally start (like pheaks) with 2 HP quint + doloran's blade, so it giver her almost 700 hp starting the game. Keep in mind that when i play other champs, i start with 3 HP Quint and a doloran something.

She doesnt look that squishy cause most players build her Railey specter and/or mallet and/or haunting guise. But she lacks armor and MR (even with mercs) and she cant retreat well from combat.

Like any assasin, if you feed her, she will rape faces.

re-edit: TF is a good counter for her cause he has a stun, by the time she's out of the stun she will be dead in team fights. 1v1, at equal strenth, she should 1/2 your hp before you can get a gold card. And 1/2 the rest once the stun is over.

one more thing: Becarefull when she runs away, she might be cycling her CD to charge back. Same thing with Shround.

Artisan of War

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2010

i agree they need to balance her, first of all when u try to gank her she just run into the jungle and stealth then run away with flash, second her ult make her pretty much unescapable unless ur a kassadin, third she is a ninja so she can just keep spamming since mark of the assassin restores energy. they need to at least make ulti's cd a bit longer :/ im tired of akalis killing me and calling me a noob, its so annoying

SuicidalPankake

10-20-2010

I spy a thread necro.

Zenbear

10-20-2010

Best counter for akali....a tank and cc. Once she does her burst she has nothing.

Amaterasuomikami

10-20-2010

Holy Sh-t this thread is old

Valhirien

10-20-2010

Thread is old but the new bull**** was posted ^^

ComradeGort

03-08-2011

Live!

Ez0 Prush

03-08-2011

Just like any other stealth, Vision Wards, Turrets, and Oracles all see her.
Buy a Visioin Ward. When she bubbles, drop it. Win.