How to counter Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

05-14-2010

Any AoE attack destroys her and she's pretty weak in team fights since the absolute most she can hope to do is kill one enemy champion before having to run away.

I can't believe that people think she needs to be nerfed. It's like saying Eve needs to be nerfed.

Grim R3aper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

use nunu or fiddlesticks and when she goes invicible flash in and ult...ive done this before with nunu...and she will die trying 2 run away...if she has flash use it after she used it already

youbedrew

05-14-2010

My suggestion is to try and wait out her bubble if you can staying near but far enough so she cant hit you. The bubble has like a 20sec cd so this is my best tip i can give

Minerthreat

05-14-2010

There is an easy way to counter akali, put a tank/tough in her lane and pound on her until she dies or goes back. This will keep her underleveled and deny her kills. Mundo is great for this!

don't wait until she gets fed.

Nevermore VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Certain types of champions can counter her quite easily, but the easiest thing to do with TF is simply to buy an Oracle potion or if early game, buy a Vision Ward. Don't be afraid to take half a second to throw it down after she enters her bubble, but also keep in mind to have a Gold Card ready before you put it down, since she will realize what is going to happen once she sees that ward.

Once the ward hits the ground, voila. Proceed to cut her up into little pieces (:

Amaterasuomikami

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Any AoE attack destroys her and she's pretty weak in team fights since the absolute most she can hope to do is kill one enemy champion before having to run away.

I can't believe that people think she needs to be nerfed. It's like saying Eve needs to be nerfed.
AoE do destroy her, but shes much much better then Eve

I can go in an DESTROY THEIR CASTER before their team can even flinch sometimes. Thats her job, go in- get one down- get out.

Amaterasuomikami

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore VII View Post
Certain types of champions can counter her quite easily, but the easiest thing to do with TF is simply to buy an Oracle potion or if early game, buy a Vision Ward. Don't be afraid to take half a second to throw it down after she enters her bubble, but also keep in mind to have a Gold Card ready before you put it down, since she will realize what is going to happen once she sees that ward.

Once the ward hits the ground, voila. Proceed to cut her up into little pieces (:
vs a good akali its prob not going to work, as they dont rely on their stealth bubble. Personally i RAPE TFs up the butt for lack of a better term. My burst is just too high for him unless hes uberfed

Atrius

05-14-2010

It's important to note that the stealth bubble stops auto-attacking but like any stealth she will still take damage from skills whether you can see her or not.

Amaterasuomikami

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrius View Post
It's important to note that the stealth bubble stops auto-attacking but like any stealth she will still take damage from skills whether you can see her or not.
Obviously it also stops click on use skills, which are quite a bit. Basically only AoEs and skillshots hit her

I only feed

05-14-2010

As a TF who has stomped his fair share of that ****, get yourself an oracle/ward to place.

Akali couldn't take TF on directly if her life depended on it (unless she were fed ridiculously and TF were not).