How to counter Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaterasuomikami

05-12-2010

Ohh snap i hate Corki on akali lol

DryPenguin

05-12-2010

Why do you hate Corki on Akali? I love Corki, he is a squishy insta dead, his Valyrie doesn't take you out of ult range and you can skip right through the trail of damage.

I don't rely on the stealth from the smoke to kill. I'm in and out I burst my damage and gtfo, using the smoke only as I juke away.

Tips to counter Akali: stuns and slows, procin'g items like Frozen Mallet and Rylai are praticularly bad. She relies on mobility quite a bit. Also, keep moving, 2 of her skills are proximity spells so if you can avoid letting her stealth out or her scythe damage you have a better chance. Best bet though, have a battle buddy

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

• Avoid being alone. She can't teleport like Twisted, but she's just as deadly.
  • Stuns and slows help quite a bit.
  • Oracles should let you ignore the stealth part of the bubble.
  • Avoid sticking around at low health, though that goes for almost every champion.
  • Don't chase her if you don't have a Stun. Either she'll Dash -> Bubble and ruin your day, or she'll bubble a bush and leave you guessing which way she went.

I haven't played against her all that much (mostly in practice games), but that's what I've come up with so far. She's similar to Twisted Fate in some ways.

zebano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2010

The gentleman Cho'gath thinks Akali tastes wonderful. Nom Nom Nom. Stupid akali that won't leave their bubble when I drop a rupture into it are even better.

ChaosGopherSucks

05-12-2010

Multiple cc's would basically own Akali....once u get her down to like 1/6 health or so after 1 or 2 cc (she's so squishy), she can't do anything in teamfights except clean up. Also, any AoE would own her b/c she relies on her mobility and stealth (rupture + soil comes to mind, as does garen's judgment)

Scraping Spear

05-13-2010

You can cleanse out of Warwicks ult, she probably did that, then went invis.

Syaiku

05-13-2010

I've been getting into Gragas lately. If you use your ult, you push her outside her mist and just pick her off.

"No matter what happens, Fox. It's okay. Do a Barrel Roll!"

CS RaiL

05-13-2010

Deal with Akali the same way you deal with melee stealth champions...hmm doesn't Evevylnn come to mind? WHOAAA IF I THINK SHE'S EVE, I WILL BE ABLE TO BEAT HER!

Temlam

05-13-2010

rammus' taunt...
counters me every time and i get team raped.

Darjuecha

05-14-2010

Try to keep her out of her Shroud, since it

a) Makes her Invisible (obvious)
b) Gives her a nice portion of armor
c) Reduces Movement and Attackspeed of enemy heroes who step into it

Once it's down it has a pretty long cooldown (20 seconds).