Gold/10 Second item... Worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muusbolla

09-13-2009

I find them to be particularly powerful on Ashe. I use 3 Avarice quints and the Greed mastery, then get 3-4 Avarice Blade (depending on how quickly I can buy them - I never buy Avarice after ~15 minutes into the game). I also level Ashe's gold passive before Volley for maximum farm. Around 20-25 minutes the gold is really rolling in and I go straight to Infinity Edge. Coupled with Ashe's crit passive and the +36-48% crit that I'll have from the Avarices, you'll be at 70%+ crit chance and 250% crit damage.

So, like this:
(Starting)
Brawler's Gloves + health pots

(Early)
Gloves -> Avarice Blade
Avarice Blade
Boots of Swiftness (or Berserker's if you prefer)

(Mid)
Avarice Blade
Avarice Blade (If you can get the 4th before 15 minutes, this IS possible with runes and good farming)

(Late)
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
Black Cleaver

Savage

09-13-2009

If you're a super farmer and get some boosts (an early kill or two, dragon kills, a couple towers) you can hit Philosopher's Stone, Boots of Swiftness, Triple Avarice Blade, and have your Infinity Edge right around the 20 minute mark.

Roidracer

09-14-2009

I haven't really bothered to read all the posts, so i'm probably repeating someone, but the whole point of +gold items is getting better earlygame for almost no cost.
For example, every time i play Gangplank i get philo and 3 avarice then go straight for infinity edge just for parrley crit farming, and as game progresses i just sell the +gold items when i get enough coins for something else. They need 25-30 minutes to pay themselves off, but only half of that if you actually sell them at the end.

ScholarZero

09-14-2009

People act like the only benefit is that they get gold per second. There's other advantages! For example, Lucky Pick is +25 AP. So basically it's a 25 AP item that has low cost or can even make you a profit. Why wouldn't you take it?

madthinker

09-14-2009

Great Posts, guys.

Alot of good insight.

Thanks