Spell vamps works on B-A-B ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainComodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

So, i heard (don't know where) That spell vamp does not heal Kog for the damage done with Bio Arcane Barrage. I can't see any possible reason for this, but could someone make it clear to me?
Thank you <3

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

The way damage works in combat is as such: 4 types of damage separated into 2 groups. The resistance-types are Physical and Magic, correlating to their defensive stats Armor and Magic Resist. The other 2 types are the vamp-based stats, Attack and Spell damage. Any skill that is an auto-attack booster (Tumble, Syphon Strike, Bio-Arcane Barrage) or adds on-hit effect (Mystic Shot, Parrrley) will correlate to Attack damage, and heal by Lifesteal, whereas any other skill will be based on Spell damage, and heal by Spell Vamp.

Now, the only thing that confuses me about this system is why Magic Attack damage doesn't Lifesteal, though I guess the answer would be Madred's Bloodrazor.

Chingmeister

08-17-2011

The spell gives Kog a buff. The buff deals damage when Kog attacks. The buff is independant from Kog's lifesteal or spellvamp.

Same with Ricochet.

CaptainComodo

08-17-2011

Oh well, thanks for answering.
I guess it would be a bit absurd if it did heal with on-hit effects and buffs. Regenerating 25% of BAB + madred + Wit's could end up being kinda OP.
Thanks

Autocthon

08-17-2011

On-hit effects don;t proc spell vamp.

The same is not true of Lifesteal if I recall correctly.

TealNinje

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
On-hit effects don;t proc spell vamp.

The same is not true of Lifesteal if I recall correctly.
The problem being that lifesteal only triggers off of Physical damage. While I don't agree with magic damage items triggering lifesteal, I do think that on-hit buffs should.