((SERIOUS OPEN RP - APPLY)) Conquering Valoran

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delmegar

09-19-2011

Demacian Palace

A healer runs to the aid of Anion and the others, sliding on his knees to assist him as quickly as possible. He immediately fumbles through secret pockets in his robes for herbs, potions, and whatever else may be necessary. "Nobody touch him! He may be afflicted by something. Someone help me get him to a room, immediately." Several guards heeded the words of the cleric and brought forward a stretcher. His skin was still scalding hot, yet he was sweating cold.

In moments they had him braced and on a stretcher, then were carrying him to a Palace chamber that was currently vacant. The priest all the while was shouting things to guards and other acolytes. Ordering more medicinal items, texts, and other items necessary to finding out what was wrong. Upon reaching the chamber, the healer ordered everyone to stay out so that he could diagnose him. Occasionally, Anion would twitch and say things in his stupor, his eyes flickering as if ready to open, but never doing so.

After almost an hour of comings and goings of acolytes - simple spells being cast; minor healing spells, soothing, calming, anything and everything - nothing worked. Even traditional herbal remedies and the like were ineffective. Finally, the cleric left the room and planned to visit upon him later. In case he woke, he was left food and water.

"I'm sorry, I can't figure out what happened to him. The boy keeps saying strange things that I can't make heads or tails of. He is in the hands of fate now." With that the cleric bowed his head and left.

Demacian Palace, Guest Chambers
Hours later, in the early morning before sunrise.

Anion woke at some point, extremely fatigued and barely able to move. His body was cool again despite the minor shakes. His light armor was removed by somebody, and his sword several feet away in the corner. Other than that the chamber was dark. No one was with him. And yet, he sensed something... off.

He tried to call for someone because his legs were numb and still asleep. His arms and hands functioned ever so slightly. "H-hello...?" The words tore at his throat. The fever sucked away his voice and made his insides feel like sand paper. "A-ny-one?" Somewhat banged on the floor, or maybe the wall. The window was shut, door too. "Who's t-there?"

"Hehehahaha... Don't you worry about that. You're time here is at an end." The darkness began to stir. Before he saw the figure, Anion grabbed at the edge of the bed and pulled with all his might. he hit the floor with a hard thud, and tried to crawl to the door or to his sword next to it. Whatever was in the room with him sunk his claws deep into his ankle, immediately drawing blood. With a violent jerk, he pulled Anion across the room. "Stay put." He rolled, hoping to deflect the creature but was too slow and too weak. A heavy boot slammed down on his wrist, snapping it, then carried forward into his face.

Because it was dark, he didn't know if he was losing consciousness again. So he continued to fight back. Then voices came to the door, followed by banging. "Anion! Anion! Open up!" He didn't know the voice. Or rather he couldn't place it as the figure lifted him by the throat and threw him into a wooden table. It broke under his weight and forced a gasp from his weak lungs. "Aaagh..." And the attacker continued, ruthless. Punches, stomps, kicks, anything and everything. If Anion seen the nightmare that was attacking him, he would have been horrified...

Birdy51

09-19-2011

((I feel the sameway sometimes, it's magical ))

Halls of Reflection
Speed

The shade laughed, mimicking Nemo with frightening clarity. "Who are you fooling with your bravado? Yourself? No, Nemo. Dirt we are, and dirt we will remain." It flew foward with startling agility, bounding to the platform. In his hand, the stilletto lunged foward, aiming for Nemo's throat. Nemo jumped back, flying off the platform. His hands reached into his pockets, but nothing was there. Without a weapon, victory would be nigh impossible. The platform he landed on swayed for a moment, but Nemo remained upright. His shade followed him quickly, alighting from the starting platform as quickly as his dagger missed home. Nemo pressed back on the platform, causing it to raise up into the air. The shade, held his arms outward to stop himself, but the wheels of momentum had already started rolling. Shock was written across the shades face.

It's body struck the center of the board, as his form dispersed. Nemo lowered the platform back down, looking about wildy. About him, the air felt cold and unatural The shade was gone, but not defeated. Looking into the distance, he spied a familiar weapon. The throwing discs used by Westwick for training laid on a rack, waiting for their master to come and throw them. Every weapon that Westwick used had the ability to kill if used well. These disks were no exception. If enough throwing power was used, it could easily slice through flesh just as easily if it were a true weapon.

There is my chance.

A shadow form began materializing on top of the starting platform. Nemo's eyes snapped into action, carving him a path. He leaped from platform to platform, hoping that the shade would not be faster. "Nemo, don't make this harder than it has to be! You don't need to know!" The shade spoke again, pleading now. Nemo's feet kept racing, struggling to remain moving as the platforms collapsed.

"Fine then... I'll end this the hard way." Footfalls rang out behind Nemo, thudding against the wood. He dared not look behind, for fear of a fatal mistep. The echoing sounds behind him grew stronger, and of greater repetition. It was closing in rapidly. Ahead, his goal was two platforms away. One more away. Then none.

His body rolled onto the platform, his legs exhausted from the physical test. Nemo forced himself foward grabbing the first disc he could find. A loose thread wrapped arround his hand. Turning, he threw the disc with all his might. The shade, ducked low while the disc went high whistling as it went. The foul shadow smiled, forcing Nemo to the wooden floor. "You are too weak to understand, I'm sorry for this Wendel." His blade went up, poised to kill. Nemo laughed almost manically, causing the shade's face to contort with rage. "Why are you laughing at your death?

Nemo smiled, a bit of sagely advice being recalled to life again. His lips moved slowly. These words he would never forget. "Tell me... Just what are you going to do with your life if you can't remember to watch your back?" The thread on his hand tightened, marking the moment of fruitation. He grasped the length of the thread, and pulled quickly, as the disc changed directions in the air, its pointed trajectory the shade. "**** it, you don't know what you're doing!" Dread spread across it's face. Rage spread across it's face next. "If I can't win, we'll both die!" The stilletto came down with terrible velocity. Nemo raised his hand in front of the blade, as the dagger found it's way into his fleshy palm. At the same instant, the discus' cutting edge sailed through the shade.

It shrieked for a moment, as it's form melted away into darkness. Despite it's decaying state, it continued to speak. "You don't.... understand... I'm protecting... you..." The dagger in Nemo's palm melted away, leaving only the wound to show of it's existence. He gripped his wound tightly, blood staining both of his hand.

"I hope you are ready Nemo. It has been a joy teaching you." Nemo looked up, shocked to see a shadowed form of Westwick. His finger was extended to the pit, but his back was turned away. "Your little friend needs you Nemo. I hope you haven't forgotten about him. You aren't the only one with inner demons. Everyone has something to hide." Westwick turned his face. A dark grin spread out on his face. His eyes were dark and hollow. Chuckling, his form melted away, as sounds from the pit grew louder.

BitesizeNinja

09-19-2011

Ionia
Andor

The next morning, Andor woke up and set off for the lake with Snarl to undergo his training. The pair arrived at the lake to find the old man from the day before. He asked Andor to demonstrate his abilities, which he did. The man seemed reasonably impressed, and began to pet a happy Snarl while watching.

Andor looked over in the middle of commanding some vines to see the old Druid examining Snarl very closely.
"Is something wrong with him?" Andor asked, concerned.
"I'm not sure...." the ok man replied, "But something definitely seems odd." He walked upto the Druid temple and came back with a few colleagues.

The group of 5 Druids began muttering incantations while above the wolf. Andor didn't recognize the spell being cast. He gasped as Snarl let out a large whimper. The wolf stood up on all fours and let out a mighty roar unlike anything Andor had heard from Snarl before. He then lie back down, and on the ground his shadow started growing in size. The shadow emerged from the ground, taking the shape of a 10-foot tall black and grey Snarl towering above everyone.

In a single swipe, the massive wolf knocked all 5 of the senior Druids unconscious, then turned to Andor, fangs bared. The beast growled, and Andor glanced at the real Snarl, who now lie unconscious in the grass. Andor turned and started running from the new Snarl as it roared deafeningly behind him.

Gamefreak506

09-19-2011

Outside Demacia
Nighttime

The night sky hardly has any effect over the city's splendor. As alert as ever, the guards patrol the high wall of the city, watching out for anything suspicious. This includes spies, bounders, and even the shadowy figure standing on the field watching the walls.

One of the guards double take to notice the figure watching. "Who's there?!" The figure didn't make any response involving vocals, and instead, walks away toward the direction where the Marshes of Kaladoun is.

Demacia Report: 6% complete.
Marshes of Kaladoun Report: 83% complete.

Marshes of Kaladoun
A few hours before daybreak

Fal looks at the path in the marsh he hasn't taken yet. "So dull..." Since he left to continue his assignment, Fal has seen nothing but a few unusual monsters that try to challenge him and ended up falling before the strike of his sword. To him, it was disappointing, but still leads him closer to his objective. "I could use a decent match every once in a while, but it's just the usual creeps."

While walking, Fal could hear the sounds of animals in the marshes, ranging from croaks of frog-like animals to hoots from night birds. Fal turned at the sound of a twig snapping nearby.

Safety measures disengaged.

Fal unsheaths his sword and swings the moment a beast-like creature leaps toward him. The slash stopped the beasts, but not the numerous ones he could hear coming.

Warning: Large number.
Evasive action initiated.

Fal turned and ran northward away from the pursuing beasts. "Get bored long enough and this happens." He commented. He wasn't expecting however that he was heading toward a cliff.

SmileyDemon

09-19-2011

Halls of Reflection
Speed

Thogo was running as fast as he could up the thinning Wooden pillars. Close behind him was his much much larger clone tearing apart the wooden planks as it dug into them with its massive claws. Thogo could feel himself changing, becoming more like his larger counterpart. Thogo could barely react when his shade void walked to his side with its maw open.

It actually closed on Thogo, but Thogo was able to void walk himself out of his clones maw. It bit down on the wood, tearing a chunk from the pillar making it the rest cascade down.

It continued like this for some time. Thogo ever climbed upward hoping to reach the top, while a twisted jungle of wooden debris and shards filled the air as Thogo and his doppelganger void walked upward.

Finally Thogo reached the top before his counterpart and to his delight found Nemo! Thogo quickly void walked over to him just before the other him burst forth from a sea of darkness. He cracked and toppled many platforms while he got up to one that could still support his weight.

It saw Nemo and laughed in a guttural tongue, it was the laughter of demons. "He has chosen you! Hahahaha...you will not further our cause like Malzahar no no... Thogo has failed." With this the beast looked at the now changed Thogo who looked like a smaller version of him. "I will resume control and kill you in the real world and eliminate this failure."

With that the beast roared. It voice resounded in the depths like the heart of a fiery furnace. It bounded towards them with great speed for something so large. everywhere it landed the wooden platform would ignite in flame before collapsing.

Thogo prepared to void walk away, even going so far as opening the rift. Before he could he reflected on his clones words. He has chosen Nemo as his master...but...but what did it mean? Thogo thought as he looked up at Nemo then back to the rift in front of them.

"You help me. Our will...We work to open. End... bad... me yes?" Thogo said as loud as he could.

ultradash1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

((wait, Del is it actually a physical thing attacking Anion or is it just a nightmare))

Birdy51

09-19-2011

Halls of Reflection
Speed

Sounds of breaking wood and claw noises greeted Nemo's ears. He peered down into the darkness, scanning desperately for a sign that it was alright. A massive shadowy beast greeted his eyes, with long skinny legs like massive needles. It lunged foward, disapearing in one spot, then reapearing in another with a fluxation of energy. Nemo recongized it immediatly. It's teeth sunk into a wooden pillar, cracking it in half. A second fluxation of energy appeared a few feet away. It was still alive.

Nemo would have cheered, but he gripped his bleeding hand instead. Despite this all being... something not real, getting stabbed in the palm hurt like hell. Tearing off a bit of jacket, he bandaged his left hand up. It was useless, but he wasn't going to be bleed to death. After a few moments, the red creature appeared before Nemo. It looked, different now and comparable to the shade that was chasing him.

So... That is your true form.

Before Nemo could react, the shade clawed it's way to the top by the platforms. It laughed demonically, and spoke in a terrifying form. "He has chosen you! Hahahaha...you will not further our cause like Malzahar no no... Thogo has failed. I will resume control and kill you in the real world and eliminate this failure."

Nemo called out over the divide, emboldened by distance. "I'll squash you like the insect you are." The beast roared in return. It's voice rang out as if it's voice throat was ablaze with fire. Nimbly, the shade bounded towards them, setting alight each platform it reached before it collapsed.

"You help me. Our will...We work to open. End... bad... me yes?" Thogo said as loud as he could. Nemo hardly understood him under the monsterous noises his shade was creating. But he heard enough to understand. The rogue smirked, getting low to the ground, as close to eye level as he could to Thogo

The young rogue nodded, throwing in a few hand gestures. "I'll help you, end you." Nemo stood up, grabbing a ceramic disc off the rack. He had learned the hard way that they don't help much against large opponents, but a weapon is a weapon. His hand slipped around the twine. It was his only disk, so losing it was not an option. "Let us dance!" Nemo twisted himself, throwing the disc with his good hand towards the beast.

SmileyDemon

09-19-2011

Halls of Reflection
Speed

The disk screamed through the air at great speed Thogo was tuned to his masters actions however, and was ready. Thogo flung the open rift in front of the disc making it appear next to the head of his evil shade. The disc flew into and out of the rifts with the twine still connecting it. The disc struck the shades neck and wrapped around its head.

Thogo maintained the rift with great effort. "Pull!" Thogo said desperately

(( Also I have an idea to make it so you can visit the Halls of Reflection again, at your leisure in fact to undertake Jarvan the Firsts training. It involves those stones that Lux gave you. It would not alter its function, merely give it another, hidden one.))

((Edit:Also would you be alright if there was a physic link between Nemo and Thogo. I was planning to make the link alter one of your arms appearance by making thin red lines appear almost up to your elbow. This is similar to Malzahar's arms. This would happen after you leave the Halls of Reflection if you wish it. This could open up a new power set for Nemo as well considering his new symbiotic relationship ))

HalcyonicAether

09-19-2011

Demacia

After the healer had taken Anion, Richter shook his head and sighs a bit before heading out of the castle, quickly, "Okay, guess I have to wait until morning." he laughs a bit once outside and makes his way to a nearby inn. He paid for a room for the night and after a quick meal, he made his way to the room. He had a note sent for Anion to notify him that if he wanted to pass judgement on whether Richter was qualified, where he was available at.

With that, Richter passed out in bed and began snoring from exhaustion.

i am a bore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

((So Del, is that happening for real or just the shadows? If someone breaks the door down will it still be there or what?))

Demacian Palace
Lilly, Tia

Lilly sat down on one of the three couches that formed a semi-circle around the cold fireplace, Tia leaned against the mantle, idly running her fingers along the corner. Neither one was comfortable in the silence, but neither one could muster up the courage to break it.

"Tia... I don't know what to do. He said my name, my name... as he fell and there is nothing I can do." Lilly said with a sigh and dropping her head into her hands.

"My best advice is to not dwell on it. Just let what ever happens, happen and go on. It happened and now we just have to figure out what to do next." Tia said, twitching her eye brows at the mention of her name, "How do you know my name, I don't recall ever saying it."

"Tia Van'Reu literally means 'The Vanguard' if I translate it over to common." Lilly said idly, turning and falling down on the couch. Staring at the ceiling she closed her eyes and let herself drift in her thoughts. Tia cocked her head to the side at what Lilly said and then laughed to herself and shook her head. Lilly heard another laugh follow Tia's and her eyes shot open. She looked at Tia and noticed that her body was frozen mid laugh. She sat up on the couch and grabbed her bow, nocking an arrow at the same time.

"Don't be afraid. It's just me." A mans voice said behind her. The voice was the same as she remembered it. With out pausing she turned and drew the arrow to her cheek spotting a slightly darker area in the shadows of the corner. She loosed in the shadows and then threw her bow to the ground and drew both her daggers.

"You are sealed. You cannot harm me nor mother. We are free from you." She screamed at the shadow. It just laughed at her and stepped forward, arrow still piercing its heart. The man, her father, reached for the arrow and violently ripped it from his chest, shadows poured out of the hole and he threw the arrow on the ground. Shadows seemed to stay on the metal of the arrow head, constantly flowing from it.

"The seal is old and breaking. Soon I will be able to come reclaim what I left in this world, what belongs to me." Her Father said, "And this time neither you nor your mother will be able to do anything. And now I must take my leave, but I will leave you with a gift. I can only hope that you will make use of it." She lunged forward and stabbed him in the chest with both daggers, one in his heart and the other in his left lung. He gasped as the steel her mother left for her was able to hurt him and quickly disappeared.

Lilly fell to the ground sobbing as Tia's laugh picked up from where it left off. To Tia no time had passed and Lilly had suddenly teleported to the door and was crying on the ground.

"L-Lilly, what happened? Are you alright." Tia asked, bringing her shield to the ready and looking around the room.

"I'm fine." Lilly said, her voice like iron, "I'm going to sleep. Please only wake me if something changes with Anion." Lilly went to her room in the apartment they were sharing in the palace. Tia watched her go, sadness in her eyes that Lilly wouldn't share her troubles with anyone, when she noticed the arrow lying on the ground, "What have we here?" Tia picked up the arrow and inspected the arrow head, "Shadow steel.... Where did Lilly get shadow steel arrows from. One gram of this is enough to pay for this palace twice over. With this much I can easily make a sword for myself, but I can't. This is Lilly's.... Then I will make her a bow." Tia whispered to herself as she made her way out of the room to find a servant that could lead her to the smithy. She had a long night ahead of her.