((SERIOUS OPEN RP - APPLY)) Conquering Valoran

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BitesizeNinja

08-17-2011

Andor walked down the empty hall, Snarl trotting happily alongside him. He knew that class today was not going to be easy. It was the last day before graduation, after all. What is the professor going to do for the final test? Andor thought as he approached the classroom door. Lost in thought, he entered his classroom, only to find it replaced by a massive forest.
"Well then...That's unexpected." He exclaimed, startled at the room's appearance. Snarl's ears pricked up suddenly and he ran off barking.
"Snarl, no, wait!" Andor called after him in vain. He sighed and began following the wolf.

The mysterious forest was alive with the sounds of animals as he walked through it, searching for his pet. Birds cawed above him and he looked about curiously. Where did that wolf go? Andor thought as he continued to make his way through the forest. His keen ears picked up a sound coming from the west, and he listened intently. It was the sound of Snarl whimpering. Fearing for the safety of the animal, Andor headed in the direction of the whine.

Upon finding Snarl, he realized it wasn't the wolf that was in trouble. His professor was hanging from a tree branch above Snarl, unconscious. Thinking fast, Andor cast an enchanted thorn and cut the vine suspending the old druid, catching him in his arms. He layed the professor down on the ground and sensed a strange poison in the man's bloodstream. Andor purged the poison and started to heal the druid. A noise came suddenly from behind Andor. Turning around, Andor saw a huge grizzly bear crashing through the brush behind him. Andor sprang to his feet and launched another group of enchanted thorns at the bear. The beast seemed stunned for a moment, and Andor took the opportunity to attempt to tame it. The bear calmed down and sat on the ground harmlessly.Andor then finished the healing process on his professor.

Suddenly, the entire forest area disappeared before his eyes, revealing the classroom he had been expecting.

"Congratulations" the Professor exclaimed. "You have passed your final test with flying colors! A lesser druid would have killed that bear, or not even have found me in the first place. That's some pet you've got there."
"Thank you professor, but are you saying that that was all an illusion?" Andor replied.
"Indeed it was. You did the best out of the entire class. I'm expecting great things from you Mr. Krath."
"I'll try not to disappoint, sir."

An animated voice covered the grounds of Duvos and the Academy itself. The voice was of Reagis, the Masters right hand man and Guardian. "Students, today is your last day as such. Today, at dusk, you are to be graduated into adulthood and your lives will be yours. We have given you the means to survive and we will miss many of you, should you choose to go. Come to the Graduation Hall at Dusk in your given uniforms. That is all."

Andor thanked the professor one last time, then headed off to his quarters to put on the awful uniform he was required to wear in order to attend the graduation ceremony. It was hard to believe that today would be his last day training as a druid.

freAK47

08-17-2011

((Okay here's my guy. His name is Urrik: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/950

Grr...sorry. i suck at writing. I'll post his final and everything in 6-10 hours wen i get up.

sorry, i forgot that our guys would have finals so i deleted my old post and moved it here.))

i am a bore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2011

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/823 The Lady Archer will take part. Say hello to Lilaine "Lilly" Ines, the standard high school girl who's only peaceful time is when she is at the archery range.))

Lilly drew the string back to her cheek, testing the pull. She let a slow breath out of her nose and closed her eyes, not trusting her sight but the feel of the wood under her left hand and the bite of the string in her right hand. Inhaling again she opened her eyes and released.

Thunk.

"The pull is still not right.... Why can I not just use my bow?" She whispered to herself as she lowered the bow she was using. She knew the answer to the question, but she asked it to herself anyway. Releasing a sigh she went forward and retrieved the arrow from the target. A group of people stood behind her, held back by only the barriers of the range. She ignored them all. The arrow was still quivering in the target when she got there she frowned to herself as she withdrew the arrow from the target. She had missed the center 'X' by no more than an inch, but to her that was unacceptable, "I need my bow. These school bows just won't do...." She berated herself for her flaws and returned the arrow to her quiver after inspecting it for any flaws it might have gotten. Turning around she beamed to the people behind the fence.

"Lilly, that was amazing! Dead center every time."

"You're the best around."

"Your parents would be proud." A voice from the crowd called out. The mood darkened almost instantly, someone in the back by the person that said it quickly silenced them from making another comment, but what was said was said.

"P-parents... no, they wouldn't." She whispered to herself, none of the people heard her, but they could tell her mood from the way she pulled into herself. She gently set the bow back on the rack and turned around and ran from the range.

"Lilly! Come back it wa-" The voice was cut off as she slammed the door behind her. People in the halls moved out of her way as she ran back to her shared apartments, luckily there was no one else there. Tears spilled down her face as she threw herself on her bed and buried her head in her pillow. She quickly stopped though, realizing that crying would get her no where fast.

An animated voice covered the grounds of Duvos and the Academy itself. The voice was of Reagis, the Masters right hand man and Guardian. "Students, today is your last day as such. Today, at dusk, you are to be graduated into adulthood and your lives will be yours. We have given you the means to survive and we will miss many of you, should you choose to go. Come to the Graduation Hall at Dusk in your given uniforms. That is all."

She smiled to herself as she heard it. The day had finally come. She would finally be done. She would be able to go out and make a name for herself. She looked at the foot of her bed and her smile only grew. There was her most prized possession. Her bow. It was made of a solid piece of rose wood, with a slightly pinkish color and warm to the touch. It was plain and unadorned, but to her there was no more beautiful thing in the world. She reached her hand out to it and ran her fingers along its length.

"Today has finally come. Today I start my life anew." She said to herself as she gently lifted the bow off its stand and curled around it, "Finally come...." She said again quietly as she drifted off into a fitful sleep.

BitesizeNinja

08-18-2011

((I like where this is going. We could have an interesting group here.))

Delmegar

08-18-2011

((wow, lots of new people joining in. happy to see it. also, there are plenty of points where people will be able to jump in easily enough. And the Academy is Dovus! lol))

The Noxian representative turned to leave when he nearly bumped another student. He introduced himself as Nemo, a student of agility and precision who trained mostly under Westwick, a tricky old man. Showing initiative was one approach towards finding favor with representatives. Few enough here did such.

"Yes... I've heard of you once or twice. A little arrogant, is what I'm told. Skilled though. You would be a fine scout, perhaps more, I think. Yes, more. Still, you need to graduate first." The Noxian turned his nose away and walked passed Nemo.

"Students, the time is fast approaching! Be prepared, with your things, in thirty minutes. You will meet downstairs outside the Graduation Hall, or you will stay with us for another term!" Reagis voice came again, louder and more agitated this time. Hardly a surprise.

Anion and Nios both packed their things in quiet. Both thinking of the offer proposed to them by the Noxian. During that time they were also approached by two more representatives who were shooed away by Dovus teachers.

Anion knew what it was like to be attacked because he seemed weaker. He was quiet, antisocial and so many thought him to be weak or unwilling to fight. He'd been in his share of trouble because of this. Most not his fault. Though he and Nios, completely different in appearance and personality; Nios was more inclined toward the offer by Noxus. He was somewhat of a dark sheep here at Dovus; always seeking thrills, pulling pranks, fighting.

"What do you think?" Nios finally said as they descended a flight of stairs, one of two. "The Noxian seemed more genuine then the one from Demacia. And what he said makes sense. Why shouldn't strong people have more rights? They can defend them if threatened, you know?"

Anion thought about that. Trying to make sense of it. It was true that Dovus students were trained to become good fighters, mages, and survivors. But taking as you please from whom you please, seemed wrong. Essentially an established society of thieves.

Reaching the bottom floor and only a couple turns from the main entrance where a large set of iron doors blocked them from the outer world. Cries of pain could be heard, followed by orders and instructions to sedate the person. They both dropped their things and ran to the room.

"Both of you clear the room!" An instructor said. He was surrounded by Dovus graduates, other teachers, guards and an injured instructor. The man had several quills or needles lodged in his chest and neck and he was struggling to breathe. When he actually he could, all he could muster were screams of agony.

freAK47

08-18-2011

((OK. HERE is my guy.))

Urrik was standing in one of the training grounds practicing his magic with the help of Instructor Caine. He used to work for the league, summoning minions for all their matches. Now, he uses those constructs to help the students train. Unlike other summoners, he actually enjoyed Urrik's presence. It delited him to see one of his minions come so far.

Urrik stood infront of 2 melee constructs charging at him. He quickly locked up the armor of one of them. Then, shredding some of his own armor, he sent the shrapnel shooting into the other, ripping him to pieces. Then he used a charged static bolt to fry the first construct.

"Excellent!" Caine said as he walked over. "You've done very well. If you'll listen to an old man's advi-"

Caine smiled. "This is it! Your last day! Your classes are finished do what you wish and make me proud." Urrik smiled and thanked him. He walked back to his room.

What Urrik's problem was is that he had been approached by only one offer from the city states. It was from Zaun, and he'd have to be suicidal to accept that. He would most likely be used as an experiment. After getting ready, he decided to go Nios' room and see how they're doing.

((Sorry that took so long.))

"Students, the time is fast approaching! Be prepared, with your things, in thirty minutes. You will meet downstairs outside the Graduation Hall, or you will stay with us for another term!" Reagis voice came again, louder and more agitated this time. Hardly a surprise.

Urrik quickly made his way there to find a group of students, guards, and instructors. He couldn't see what was in the center. He saw Nios and approached him. "I can't see. You know what happened?"

SmileyDemon

08-18-2011

Thogo finally ate his way out of the black noxian pudding, crawling up the bowl's side making it tumble over onto the floor. Thogo was covered in the sweet smelling sludge but he was just getting started.

Ahead of him on a delicate silver patter was the largest (and only) roasted Ionian duck he had ever seen. It smelt heavenly. He ran towards it with his maw open, gnawing himself to the center. Soon afterwards he popped out the other side making a clean hole; through bones and all to the other side.

Around the bird, placed decoratively were large pillars of a white substance. At its top was a small black wick. His curiosity bade him to try the mysterious pillars. Biting into one however quickly proved that they tasted terrible and waxy.

Moving away he espied a towering sugary confection a table across from him. He skittered over the other dishes with renewed enthusiasm leaping over a tray of candied bandle snap-apples and onto the other table.

Before Thogo towered a massive demacian justice food cake iced over with white chocolate. All around the cake lay many cupcakes of various colors. His attention fixated, he walked over the cupcakes ignoring them wanting nothing more than to stuff his maw. Just before he lunged in a voice rang out like before.

"Students, the time is fast approaching! Be prepared, with your things, in thirty minutes. You will meet downstairs outside the Graduation Hall, or you will stay with us for another term!"

Thogo's antennae curled at the loud voice as it echoed throughout the empty hall. When it finished he forgot all about the voice, diving mouth first into the cake.

Delmegar

08-18-2011

Apparently, Instructor Malveroy was attacked while outside the institute by a creature called a quill bear. The beast was resting in some under brush when Melveroy was treading through the woods nearby and stumbled off the game trail into the creatures den. The resulting fall surprised the creature from its slumber when it unleashed deadly quills that have been known to punch through chain mail from a distance of fifty feet. Malveroy will not be at the graduation because of this.

Students are gathered into the Hall of Lights. The Hall is the ceremony chamber where only graduates are ever permitted entry. Nearly four hundred chairs were lining the center aisle, leading to a large alter where the Master Xandos, and Reagis stood. Among others.

Standing at its tallest point, one hundred feet and almost five hundred feet in length. The room was gigantic and filled with former graduates to watch the ceremony, and instructors. Some outsiders were permitted, but few enough actually remained in contact with their children after being sent here.

The large white stone walls were filled with braziers of different metals, from; bronze, iron, steel. The flames all varied in color, though the majority on the gold chandeliers dangling from the roof held green flame.

The room was a marvel, certainly so. Along the sides of the east wall were smaller chambers where their was food, room for dancing, partitions for bands to perform and other things.

SmileyDemon

08-18-2011

Thogo was navigating through the massive cake, eating as he went. Suddenly he began to hear sounds coming from outside the cake. A different kind of noise, not loud like the one previously, but rhythmic rang in his head. He could smell a great many humans just outside the spongy exterior of the cake. But Thogo ignored the danger and continued to chew his way around the massive confection.

Birdy51

08-18-2011

I better amount to hell of a lot more than a scout. He thought bitterly. Too many hours of training had went into learning the arts of deception, stealth, and agility to simply be just a measly scout for Noxus. He could do so much more than track troop positions, for some stingy general. Still, he might have been a bit unfair. The old man was right about one thing, he had potential to be something better. Nemo liked the sounds of that. From within his hand, the grip on his stone tightened, reminding him of his idea. They never even bothered to shake hands. This man came here with an agenda, and that didn’t include him. People can try to hide intentions behind false facades of praise, but men have daggers in their smiles. Noxus could not be trusted so easily.

Striding to his room, he opened the door with a bang. It was a cluttered mess, but there were very few items of note bringing with him. He opened his closet, picking out the silly jacket they had set aside for him his graduation year. Honestly, did they expect him to wear something like that? Begrudgingly, he put it on. He scanned the mess of blackened clothes. At the very least, he never wearing the jacket kept it clean. He would wear it tonight for Westwick's sake.

The only thing that was really worth having in this room was in his closet. Nemo reached into the back of the closet, retrieving a coal black robe. It was a costume meant to be worn during the Harrowing, but it was still just as creepy any other night. Westwick had fashioned it to look like a convincing Wraith costume. Nemo added his own details, including a face cover through which he could see out, but others could not see in. The feel of the fabric induced a smile upon Nemo's face. Many students, instructors, and guards had been terrorized by this costume over the years. It was surprisingly light as well, it was like wearing air. It wouldn’t slow him down in an escape. With a slow venerated movement of his hands, he folded it, and placed it aside.

A while later, he emerged from his room, finished with the ordeal of trying to find things worth keeping.

"Students, the time is fast approaching! Be prepared, with your things, in thirty minutes. You will meet downstairs outside the Graduation Hall, or you will stay with us for another term!" Reagis voice came again, louder and more agitated this time.

"Yack yack yack, I'm moving grumpy..." Reagis and Nemo were never two to get along. From the very beginning, the pair had been utterly incompatible with each other. Nemo had no respect for the institution of Devos, and Reagis came to become the focus of his crimes against society. His office had been vandalized twice already this school year, despite his efforts to keep Nemo away. Only intervention from a certain old man kept Nemo in Devos at all. Both would like nothing more than to part in peace, hopefully never seeing each other again.

As he descended the stairs, he passed upon the poor instructor, Malveroy, pins sticking from his face every which way. Nemo had to hold back a snicker. He didn’t hold anything against the poor man, but he found the circumstances entertaining. His peers were already gathering here, whispering. He managed to recall their names. Nios, a bit of a troublemaker like himself, Urrik a sort of sentient construct, and Anion, the Sword Arts “Prodigy”. Big woop, wave your sword around and watch a light show. Nemo stepped around him and advanced into the Hall of Lights. It was one of the only rooms in this wretched place he hadn’t seen. It was actually kind of awe inspiring. He laughed audibly, his laughter echoing slightly.

They wait till the last day to show me the coolest room. I suppose they had the right idea.

The young man made his way towards the east wall, examining the architecture with interest. They used an interesting design in making the hall, using metals to reflect the light, illuminating the whole area in its brilliance. The ceiling above extended into the sky. Looking up, it made Nemo a bit giddy just thinking about it. Another stimuli drew him to the east wall. Inside the antechambers, food wafted outwards into the hall. It was tempting, but he would refrain from checking out the banquet just yet. Instead, he sat himself on the end seat near the entry way. There was no way someone was going to beat him to that good stuff.