Support Role in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piolho Cristão

08-17-2011

This is bugging me, how are supports going on Dominon since there is no need to babysit sustain in lane?

Janna and Alistar I think there'll do more then fine due to theirs disables. Put Soraka and Sona seens quite funky to me... Sona imo gonna be garbage tier since she's all about taking time and huge team fights, two things that dominion ain't aiming for...

I have a ideia to fix this and also give the support role a little more appeal in dominon(let's face after the soraka changes all support players are a bit mad giving them something on Dominion might call us down)

Summoner Spell: Ascension.
Teleport youself to a allied Champion and reduce your damage output by X% for the next Y minutes. Z Cooldown.

Now supports I'll be jumping inside mutiple battles in game to do dish their protective power and this spell ill only be used to support allies since it'll reduce your damage output by a consider amount for the duration of the battle.

Now playing support will be as intense as Domion tell players to be acting a angel jumping in the middle of battles to heal and parish their friends foes!

This spell can be changed in mutiple ways to not be OP here is some on the top of my mind:
-Shift this spell to a item.
-100% damage reduction.
-High cooldown.
-Max range.
-Only be able to teleport to battles where there's more/less enemy heroes around the target them allied ones.
-Canceled/Unable to cast opon taking damage for X seconds.
-While Ascended you can't capture points.
-Can't teleport close to Allied/Enemy controled Crystals.
-Can't teleport close to Crystals.

TankHunter678

08-17-2011

Soraka and Sona will still be good because their sustain is useful on both defense, and offense. Due to the higher starting gold, the quests, as well as minions giving more gold, it will be easier for a support to farm up and get effective quickly.

Piolho Cristão

08-17-2011

bump

Quicksav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

i find acension very interesting...

Piolho Cristão

08-18-2011

I hope one red see it this time X_x

FeyChey

08-18-2011

sona bad in dominion? she gives a speed boost to everyone near her...with easy farm your Q will hit for decent damage too. Dominion will just see her leveling priorities different.

soraka will be awesome for her ult. 1 guy defending and about to die? ult.

you know who will be an aawesome support? Karma.

Piolho Cristão

08-18-2011

Ya but at the same time we got GP with a speed buff and he can go after towers alone and assist in others...

The problem is supports won't be able to go alone ever... I just wanted red to actully say that supports are powerful and can actully feel important for their team instead of dead weight...

RagNoRock5x

08-18-2011

Sona/Soraka will also be more viable in Dominion with the Sustain Changes going in next patch.

Soraka will be Starcalling constantly very quickly, "NO POINT CAPTURING FOR YOU!".

Sona will be providing an extra boost to defense for who ever she is running with and since Dominion is all about the 2v2 and 3v3 she will be quite useful

Leirkov

08-18-2011

Supports are made to keep their team alive.

They'll help in diving the capture points, assisting in capturing, not so much in damage. But keeping your team alive is always important.

OxBaker

08-18-2011

I think part of the reason that RIOT is modifying Support to play more aggressively is to make their roll more viable in Dominion. A support that can burst heal in a quick 1v1 or 2v2 fight and still do a reasonable amount of damage should be useful.