Youmuu's Ghostblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

08-16-2011

In all seriousness, this is a well designed item. However, it truly is too strong for it's current effect on gameplay.

I see far too many games where 1 person gets this item and suddenly they have no trouble with killing anyone.

+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Chance UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

Now put this on Garen for an example. He scales with AD, he deals primarily physical damage so Armor Pen is top notch. He isn't limited by mana, but instead by cooldowns so the cdr makes sense for him. Then you toss on him moving faster than he already manages to and AS. Ultimately this example is flawed in that Garen is not every champion in the game.

However I apply the same item to Gangplank, Master Yi, Renekton, and many more and it still gives an almost ridiculous bonus to champs that can utilize at least 2 of any of these stats.

----

I personally see this as an item to be looked at. I can be playing anything from a tank to a squishy mage and it still manages to melt anyone. I might be QQing a bit much here, but I seriously have a problem with how much I see this item affecting gameplay.

MarineRevenge

08-16-2011

It's price tag more than justifies its cost. Considering that 30 AD is not very high, 15 crit is not very high, 20 armor pen is comparatively not very high. Only the CDR truely fits the price tag.

It's a high end cost for a bunch of mid-range stats. It's not a best in-slot by any means, but it is a nice all-around item for mid-game power.

clear world

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

funny thing is that this item was made specifically for that goal and for those champions. To me, it's the final tier item for melee champions.

Is it used a lot? Not that I seen.

Is it overpowered? I don't know because I don't see it enough.

Is it good? Heck yeah it is when used by a melee champion who needs all those offensive stats.

crzymdscntst

08-16-2011

I mean, I'm not saying I disapprove of the item entirely, I just am sick of being part of a team that gets annihilated because 1 enemy bought 1 item.

Maybe it's just my tired addled brain seeing something as a problem when it's not?

GeminiTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

If one champion is annihilating a whole a team, I don't think Youmuu's deserves the lion's share of the blame. It's passive is great for sticking to an enemy champion, but a lot of melee champions need that extra help, especially when enemies have built in escapes, Flash or Ghost. You pay heavily for the passive.

Now if only I could remember to activate it when it matters :/

Eydolon

08-17-2011

Its perfectly fine.

Like someone said...it has mid game stats for a top tier itemprice,

For the same price u can get monstrosities like the black cleaver which pierces much more defense, gives constant AS and much more dmg.