Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Increase Max Energy/Energy Regen Item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApocalypseShard

08-16-2011

I've been playing Akali for a while and I love her, and I just bought Kennen today and after my first game I'm excited to start playing and getting better with him. I'm starting to think about some interesting builds and while there are max energy/energy regen runes, there are no items for our energy based champions. I was just curious if there are any planned? I realize that there are none for Renekton and Tryndamere, aka the fury system, but there are 4 champs that use energy and I feel like an item or two would greatly improve their feel.

I'm not sure how Shen would fit in, but Kennen, Akali, and Lee Sin would all benefit from a max energy increase, anywhere from 10-50, balance dependent of course. Energy regeneration per 5 would also be useful. You could couple these with an increase AS, AD, or AP, and even some CDR, there are just so many options that coming up with one useful item shouldn't be terrible.

Another option should be to build in a mana to energy conversion so that if an Energy fueled champion purchases an item that provides say, 200 max mana, it converts into 20 max energy. I'm just kicking around ideas, and I'd love to hear yours!

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-16-2011

When they first released Shen, Riot stated that Runes were as far as they were going to go in terms of augmenting Energy.

ApocalypseShard

08-16-2011

Ah, that's a shame, its a little frustrating that energy champions have to have inefficient item comps because they have hybrid mana-based caster items to get the CDR/AP. I can understand that balancing would probably be pretty hard with that added though.

Aim Wizard

08-16-2011

heh. if there were items that increased energy, they might as well have mana.

Whitebird Alpha

Recruiter

08-17-2011

That's the whole point of energy.

Pro: quick regen
Con: caps at 200, except with runes, so quicky runs out

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

08-17-2011

I did the math with runes, and the best you can get is full Seal/Glyphs and Quintessences for Energy regen/Max Energy (respectively), and the flat runes could total at +36-42 Energy, or +10-15 Energy Regen. That's a pretty substantial buff to their sustain, either have +6-6.5 Energy per second instead of +5, or have +36-42 larger pool. With the per level runes it's probably a little more, but Quintessences don't have per level Energy runes (which is odd considering quintessences usually have everything).

I'm gonna go for Energy runes soon as I buy another rune page.

EDIT: Redid my math, I found if you grab the per level energy max/regen seals/glyphs, and the max energy quints, you'll have +42 Energy and +10 Energy Regen at level 18. That's a huge boost.