Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Laning in low elo. CS vs. champ kills. What is more effective?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farmville

08-17-2011

Quote:
Etherimp:
As Maokai you should try laning with someone who has some range like Caitlyn, Tristana, Ashe, etc. Between your saplings and a good carrys range, you should have no problems zoning someone out.

That's a good idea.. but in low elo, sometimes good ideas and common sense don't matter to the people you're playing with. :P But I'll try that next time I get the chance.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

08-17-2011

Quote:
Y am I bad:
That's a good idea.. but in low elo, sometimes good ideas and common sense don't matter to the people you're playing with. :P But I'll try that next time I get the chance.

I was 2v1 laning last night as Caitlyn with a Maokai lane mate vs Mordekaiser... He was trapped next to his tower the entire game while I just stood near the river last hitting all of his minions, while he couldn't touch ours. If he tried to come out, he would get a sapling tossed on him and I would harass him. If he tried to break for the bush he'd get stuck in a trap. Ganks from their Nocturn jungler all failed because I kept the river trapped/warded and Maokai kept saplings in the bush.

Basically, Caitlyn/Maokai is an extremely annoying lane.