Laning in low elo. CS vs. champ kills. What is more effective?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minarchist

08-16-2011

Try to go for cs and sustainability. If you've been having trouble with a team's harass, get something like a philosopher's stone. If you play smart and don't overextend, you can absolutely get the enemy champion.

JohnStyle

08-17-2011

CS for AD, Kills for AP.

Eppa

08-17-2011

Kills>CS (In lane at least does not mean you should be roaming) this is true in all levels of play, if they get over aggressive you kill them because defending>attacking. The reason you see people only CS in high level games is because you can not kill him but if you go agro they can kill you.

mingoooo

08-17-2011

Kill = 300g (while keeping that player dead for X seconds, being able to push harder)
300g =~ 15 cs = Approx. 75~90 seconds in lane(not including neutral kills)

General rule of thumb is (taking into account that you will not be last hitting 100% of the time), if it takes 2 minutes or more to get a kill, it's not worth it.

However there many are things that offset/compensate
-Able to take down a turret if the defending champion(s) are killed.
-Cannot afford to leave lane to gank another lane because your turret is in danger.
-Dragon/Baron control
-etc.

Anyways, I'm just trying to show that spending too much time roaming around trying to get a kill is not worth it.

Deathfairy

08-17-2011

In low elo KILL >> SC.
Why?
1) Kills are MUCH easier to get then in top elo
2) Being at 0:0:0 and 150 sc vs being 5:0:0 in lane with 50 sc? Which one will make your team more confident? Which one will make other team rage on the noob in that lane and give up at 10 min mark?

shubomber

08-17-2011

The reason high ELO laning seems so passive and CS-focused is because they know if they engage it would be too risky or a waste of time or both. There's actually quite a bit of harassment being thrown around, it's just more subtle with positioning rather than stuns etc. So lane as normal, just remember you probably aren't being baited, you're being given a free kill.

Nexus Crawler

08-17-2011

From my experience I find poking them every so often with a good shot lets me get my farming time in and zones them a bit. They'll come back, I poke again, and they back off. You're goal in low ELO should probably be ultimately to farm, poke them to keep them afraid or preferably to make them BP to heal, and then finally if they're playing dumb (happens fairly often) get in that "free" kill.

It's worth mentioning why I suppose. If you force them off and deny them you'll have a level lead. You'll have a gold lead. You'll have a much easier time in team fights. You'll have more hits on the their tower. You'll probably be able to take any of them 1v1. You can't win if you don't push.

Farmville

08-17-2011

As someone else mentioned, in low elo, you typically don't have a jungler and it's 2 v 2 in both top and bot lanes. This obviously makes it more difficult because your laning partner ALWAYS pushes lane, goes for kills, etc. I should have mentioned that.

But I'll take the advice and go for sustainability items (I've been playing as Maokai since he is versatile, can play as tank/ap burst) so I'll start with a Regrowth and HP pot, as I said earlier. With his passive that gives incredible sustain and therefor lots of time in lane, therefor high CS and higher level.

Thanks.

Etherimp

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y am I bad View Post
As someone else mentioned, in low elo, you typically don't have a jungler and it's 2 v 2 in both top and bot lanes. This obviously makes it more difficult because your laning partner ALWAYS pushes lane, goes for kills, etc. I should have mentioned that.

But I'll take the advice and go for sustainability items (I've been playing as Maokai since he is versatile, can play as tank/ap burst) so I'll start with a Regrowth and HP pot, as I said earlier. With his passive that gives incredible sustain and therefor lots of time in lane, therefor high CS and higher level.

Thanks.
As Maokai you should try laning with someone who has some range like Caitlyn, Tristana, Ashe, etc. Between your saplings and a good carrys range, you should have no problems zoning someone out.

Conewicci

08-17-2011

CS, then just jump on them when the minions are all high and beat the **** out of them, then go back to CS, and then jump on them again and finish them off, and then CS.