Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Movement speed item for casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

b0zzY

08-16-2011

Currently, the only movement speed item for casters after their boots is Lich Bane. And while this item is core on a few ap champs, for many it is a waste and goes unused. This means that a significant number of casters do not have a viable item that gives movement speed.

While a new item solving this problem could be introduced, I would like to suggest adding a movement speed stat to moonflair spellblade. For those of you who have forgotten, moonflair spellblade is that one ap item that gives tenacity (the one that almost no one uses anymore). I think it'd be great to see this item give a 5-10% movement speed increase in exchange for increasing the recipe cost.

This will hopefully make moonflair spellblade a more common item without it becoming overpowered. The biggest reason why I never bothered to buy spellblade is because tenacity or not, if a melee dps champ (like Irelia or Nocturne) catches up to me I'm most likely dead. The extra movement speed coupled with tenacity would give me a fighting chance at escaping.

Thoughts?

Thubgar

08-16-2011

ap characters already have the advantage of strong hp/AP items and that's how they survive.
plus, ap+tenacity+movement would be nuts on more than a few tanks if it were as cheap as moonflair.

b0zzY

08-16-2011

Quote:
Thubgar:
ap characters already have the advantage of strong hp/AP items and that's how they survive.
plus, ap+tenacity+movement would be nuts on more than a few tanks if it were as cheap as moonflair.

Well I did mention that the recipe cost would have to be increased, but I never thought about how that would affect tanks like singed.

Hm... I had these changes in mind for squishy casters that rely on great positioning but don't have an escape available like Cassiopeia, Karthus, Malzahar, etc

Something that would give them a boost in mobility while also increasing the effectiveness of a currently underused item

BrotherCaine

08-16-2011

Lots of the people that I read who main Cassiopia are running movement quints. I think they would love some sort of caster movement speed item.

Lich's bane is no use to Cass since she is a spell spammer.

I know AD has to be able to 'close' on mages for the game to work so generally mages have got to be slower but what about kite-type mages, like Cass?

I dunno.

b0zzY

08-16-2011

bump, wish this forum got more traffic

crzymdscntst

08-16-2011

I made a post about this and possible routes to making such an item once upon a 05-23-2011, 10:08 AM, so don't necro it. However please take note of the arguments made when you formulate your own pushing argument. I'm behind an item that provides movespeed for the mages of the game.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=769246

I see no problem in formulating an argument around a group of champions, however if 1 champ is the only reason that something is not done, I call it a design flaw in the champion. Many arguments of an item for an item that converts health to AP were shot down because of Vlad, not because there already is something quite strong in that department. Vlad should not have even been considered at that point. The fact that Rod of Ages and Rylai's exist should have been the argument.

Kevin Zealon

08-16-2011

Quote:
BrotherCaine:
Lots of the people that I read who main Cassiopia are running movement quints. I think they would love some sort of caster movement speed item.

I know AD has to be able to 'close' on mages for the game to work so generally mages have got to be slower but what about kite-type mages, like Cass?

I dunno.

As a person who mains cass, I am intrigued by the movement speed quints... but I have found them to be much less useful than AP quints.

I would love some movement speed AP items tho

Quren

08-16-2011

I don't play casters often, but honestly their slowness is probably a balancing factor. They shouldn't be faster then the anti-carries trying to kill them.

Eddiot

08-17-2011

Quote:
BrotherCaine:

I dunno.

because spell spamming means you can't proc lich-bane more.....

Claricorp

08-17-2011

I would love to see another move speed item for casters.

Something like

Chainvest+Revolver+Gold

That gives armor/ap/spellvamp/movespeed

The perhaps a combination with something else to make an end game item, like 2 fairy charms, a cloth armor and a amplifying tome + a sweet active/passive.