Does anyone even use the Tenacity items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naramiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albido View Post
Here's the rub with these items:

Merc treads will always be better, because you don't have to alter your build to grab them. Instead of (for example) Zerker boots, you can just get merc treads instead. In order to get the other tenacity items, you either have to:

1) hold off your core build item(s)
2) wait till you've finished those items and play an additional ~5-10m without tenacity, to get either: 25% AS, 20 MPen, or some other small benefit.

35 tenacity is just so much bigger than anything else you can build boots into.
QFT. Unless you need other boots for some reason, you're better off getting merc treads for your Tenacity, or forgoing Tenacity entirely. And it's hard to think of anyone who needs other boots except perhaps Jax with Ninja Tabi.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naramiel View Post
QFT. Unless you need other boots for some reason, you're better off getting merc treads for your Tenacity, or forgoing Tenacity entirely. And it's hard to think of anyone who needs other boots except perhaps Jax with Ninja Tabi.
Not only that, there are champs who pretty much excel with Mercs, like Irelia, Singed, just about any tank...

Honoke

08-18-2011

I don't use them, mostly because I can't find them :/

They need their own section in the shop. Or perhaps under movement?

Galgus

08-18-2011

Theoretically, Cloak and Dagger could be good on champions that actually want the stats- like perhaps Tryndamere.

On the right champion, I could see an early Berzerker's Greaves and a C&D making a dangerous combination.