Does anyone even use the Tenacity items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bakumian

08-16-2011

Excluding Merc Treads, does anyone use the "new" tenacity items? Ever since they got implemented I've only really used them once each...

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

I use Philo's whenever I grab Philo and non-mercs. I've grabbed Moonflair twice, although just late game because I was tired of CC chains lasting 10 seconds. Cloak and Dagger I grab half the time on my DPS just because it looks cool.

But yeah, they need a buff. I suggested once that Eleisa give like 5% CD reduction, Moonflair give 6-9% spell vamp or something like that, and C&D give like 8-10% dodge. Just cause they're rare stats and they'd be nice to have.

3mptylord

08-16-2011

Sounds good Exdeadman.

Champions like Vlad would probably get a Spellblade if it had spellvamp. At the moment no-one wants a pure-AP item (tenacity isn't a reason to buy items at the moment, unfortunately), whereas AP+Spellvamp might be sought out.

Sneaky Thing

08-16-2011

I love them.

I'm a Jax main, and I get Eleisa or C&D whenever I'm facing tons of CC mixed with auto-attacks so I can still get Ninja Tabi.

I also get Spellblade on most APs pretty early on to increase my survivability HUGELY while still allowing me to get Sorc Shoes or Boots of Lucidity.

Cloak and Dagger is good for anyone that benefits from being a glass Crit cannon (Tryn, Ashe, and Yi, I'm looking at you).

Eleisa is undeniably the best of the three, since getting another option for tanks and offtank to build from philo stone that can replace Merc treads is a huge boon.

Mezogog

08-16-2011

The spellblade and Eleisa's Miracle are pretty good. I like getting the spellblade on tanks with good AP ratios (Singed, Amumu) because the AP from it plus a RoA amounts to a significant number without sacrificing true defensive stats, and you can always get regen from Randuin's, Warmogs, FoN, etc.

b0zzY

08-16-2011

hey so I don't want to advertise in other threads, but I just wrote a topic on the lack of movement speed items for casters and proposed adding a movement speed stat for Spellblade here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post12980854

Albido

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

Here's the rub with these items:

Merc treads will always be better, because you don't have to alter your build to grab them. Instead of (for example) Zerker boots, you can just get merc treads instead. In order to get the other tenacity items, you either have to:

1) hold off your core build item(s)
2) wait till you've finished those items and play an additional ~5-10m without tenacity, to get either: 25% AS, 20 MPen, or some other small benefit.

35 tenacity is just so much bigger than anything else you can build boots into.

ikillutwice

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
I use Philo's whenever I grab Philo and non-mercs. I've grabbed Moonflair twice, although just late game because I was tired of CC chains lasting 10 seconds. Cloak and Dagger I grab half the time on my DPS just because it looks cool.

But yeah, they need a buff. I suggested once that Eleisa give like 5% CD reduction, Moonflair give 6-9% spell vamp or something like that, and C&D give like 8-10% dodge. Just cause they're rare stats and they'd be nice to have.
I like the idea but riot doesn't want any items that give dodge other then boots because to much dodge is OP and 6-9% spell vamp is not worth it most of the time

Eydolon

08-17-2011

I love the cloack and dagger for its price... but seriously needs some buff in the stats....or to give same or more tenacity than mercs.

The samefor the other items.

They were made to offer more variations in tenacity... but mercs has the best tenacity, move speed and a very welcomed magic resist. All of this coming from an item that EVERYONE gets,,,, boots of mobility

JustMyBassCannon

08-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillutwice View Post
I like the idea but riot doesn't want any items that give dodge other then boots because to much dodge is OP and 6-9% spell vamp is not worth it most of the time
For the dodge, yeah I know they don't want more dodge items but it was just a suggestion. Besides I rarely see anyone pick up C&D so it wouldn't alter that dramatically. And the spell vamp, 15% could work. I was just suggesting a random number because idk how balanced it would be.