Armor that grows as you get kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shavan Lordly

08-16-2011

I've seen alot of items that grow more powerful as you get kills. Such as items for health, attack, AP, and regen, but not armor.

Why is that? Is it to over powered? Or just pointless

Noric

08-16-2011

Have you noticed snowball items for magic resist, magic penetration, armor penetration, etc? There are 3 champion kill based snowball items. One of those is for defense(leviathan) and the other two champion types. I'm sure they could make a balanced armor one if they really wanted to... but i don't think they have any desire.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2011

The 3 snowballs are as such.
Sword of the Occult. +10 base AD, +5 per stack, +15% move speed at max stacks. I personally think this is the worst of them because it gives 110 AD after all that hard work, and a bit of move speed...maybe GP would like it.
Leviathan: +180 base HP, +32 per stack, +15% damage resistance at max stacks. This one is in the middle ground, it's better than Occult, but still rare to see. The 820 HP +15% damage resistance gives some nice effective health, and is really cool on tanky DPS champs if you're doing well, but some people look down on it because it "encourages tanks to KS" which isn't true since it gets stacks on Assists, an easier score to gain than kills. And if the tank/tanky gets a kill, don't rage about it.
Mejai's Soul Stealer: +20 base AP, +8 AP per stack, +15% CD reduction at max stacks. This one is the most popular because it actually exceeds the highest of it's stat flat boosters by a lot (Rab gets 140, this gets 180), it gives a nice CD booster, and it's one of the easiest to build early game on a caster champ. I don't see many people start with Ruby or Long Sword, but AP tomes are one of the more popular starting items for casters, and the most for manaless.

I don't think they need more stacking items, those 3 are precariously balanced and any others would be majorly difficult to separately balance.