{Guide} The Carry Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xDiamantx

05-11-2010

Malady and Frozen Mallet are fail items.

Pauru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-11-2010

As much as I'd hate to join the flame bandwagon...

Why would you ever think that Frozen Mallet is a viable item on Ashe? You're wasting all that extra money for a passive that is already outdone by one of your skills?

Don't even get me started on Malady and Berserker Greaves...

Classix

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauru View Post
As much as I'd hate to join the flame bandwagon...

Why would you ever think that Frozen Mallet is a viable item on Ashe? You're wasting all that extra money for a passive that is already outdone by one of your skills?

Don't even get me started on Malady and Berserker Greaves...
This^

Also, the runes and summoner spells he picked... :/

Krangbot

05-11-2010

Frozen Mallet is not a cheap item.

A lot of the gold you are spending on a Frozen Mallet is because of the fantastic passive of snaring targets on hit.

However Ashe already has an infinite snare that is much better than this, so essentially you are wasting terrible amounts of gold for just FLAT HP.

If you want more survivability you have much better options. Not in order of importance:

a) Banshees Veil - if enemy team has serious nukes or stuns (Ryze, Annie, Nunu, EZ, Sion, etc.)

b) Warden's Mail - If enemy team has a lot of auto attackers (Ashe, Tristana, EZ, Corki, Yi, Garen, etc.)
I like Warden's because its passive is that when you get hit, they get snared and also lower attack speed. As Ashe you will find yourself running away from someone plinking at you very often, this guarantees your safe retreat to a more advantageous position in the fight.

c) Leviathan - if you feel you will be getting kills/assists, are low on cash and plan on not dying.

d) Warmog's - if you are being singled out every fight, this makes them want to target someone else cause your health bar gets very very fat. And the advantage is that even though you do less dmg, you are able to actually participate the ENTIRE fight! Wowzers an ashe that lives till the end of a teamfight and got to snare every priority target for her team to pick off! Ludicrous!

Contagious Cure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

No Catalyst = No mana/health for early game survival/harrass/farm = no money = delayed IE = no banshee = enemy casters will feed off you = fail ashe.

Tornsoul

05-11-2010

Catalyst = no dps mid game, terrible chances of last hitting with your piddly starting damage. Get creep jacked by your own creeps. no thanks.

Regardless of discussing the nuances of Ashe, there are plenty of solid guides for Ashe already, no major changes to any of her abilitys to warrant having new guides created...

Making this whole thing an adventure into the land of redundancy.

Contagious Cure

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornsoul View Post
Catalyst = no dps mid game, terrible chances of last hitting with your piddly starting damage. Get creep jacked by your own creeps. no thanks.

Regardless of discussing the nuances of Ashe, there are plenty of solid guides for Ashe already, no major changes to any of her abilitys to warrant having new guides created...

Making this whole thing an adventure into the land of redundancy.
I can honesty say I've never had trouble last hitting with ashe even at level 1. In fact I'm fairly sure the skill of last hitting has nothing to do with damage at all.

Tornsoul

05-12-2010

So if you did 20 dmg you would have no problem last hitting? The more damage you do the easyier it is to last hit, because you have a larger box in which to kill the minion in, if its taking damage "for example from other minions" you may shoot it and it have 12 hp left. or your porjectile may still be in air

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornsoul View Post
So if you did 20 dmg you would have no problem last hitting? The more damage you do the easyier it is to last hit, because you have a larger box in which to kill the minion in, if its taking damage "for example from other minions" you may shoot it and it have 12 hp left. or your porjectile may still be in air
Mm but most characters have reasonable base damage and I could probably last hit nearly as well dealing 50 damage per shot as I could dealing 100. If you seriously have problems last hitting with Ashe's base damage that's just you. It's pretty easy to get 30 odd last hits by level 6 without any damage items.

Zrich

05-12-2010

You fail, HARD.

First off, NEVER EVER EVER EVER ****ING BUY MALADY OR BERSERKY GREAVES FFS!

The fact that you had both, completely nullifies this guide and it should be deleted.

ok sorry for the mocking, but malady is the worst item in the game, get a starks if u want attack speed and lifesteal and hp regen.

PLEASE get merc threads, ninja tabi, or maybe even boots of swiftness. The fact that you can get a 40% reduce of all CC is amazing and too OP to pass up. EVEN if you play an entirely DPS team, they have magic damage in skills along with many slows and stuns usually, 25% attack speed is jack ****.

Frozen mallet... wow. I know i toyed with the idea of one but realized how pointless and reduntant it was. By the time you could even buy one, you should have enough mana regen for ice shot every shot anyways. And there's plenty of ways to get HP (i use BV but leviathan and warmogs are viable)