Veigar, Not Broken!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2010

Deathfire's Grasp -> Balefire -> Primordial = I win combo for Veigar.

Myk777

05-14-2010

Quote:
they took the bonus damage from his ult vs non mana users out of the patch. it was said they were planning on changing him in a future patch and will change his ult then.
T_T why did this happen... they coulda just left it for us for now =S, i hope the rework doesn't change him too much though

And it's true that you get the same if not better result off another champ for less effort (read. Annie/Anivia) but veigar snowballs slightly better (i only say slightly cause it's not like you get buckets of bonus AP)... only point i had really even if it's not a very valid one, I s'pose you're right in the fact this makes him underpowered but it makes him a good pick if in some super fancy game if they have a ban on Annie, if you have a player that can play a good veigar. Point i'm trying to make is it's possible to still main Veigar and not perform worse than if you chose a higher rated caster

Tbh i expeceted that buff for veigar to come through so i'm kinda second guessing now about him what with the amount of mana-less champs now... guess his upside is still that he can still blow up casters faster than anyone else =S, he's still not as underpowered as people make him out to be imo, if he has potential to be on par with the higher tier casters then he's fine in my book although let's hope this supposed rework does sumat good for him,

Imo better synergy between dark matter and event horizon (cooldowns are very far apart, means he can only throw something in a teamfight every 20seconds, they could make the stun shorter but have a faster cooldown or something) and a buff to the ultimate is all he needs

Kriptini

05-14-2010

Veigar has an absolutely horrible early game. If he had the mana to be able to spam Baleful Strike, then maybe I would consider maining him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritara View Post
Event Horizon -> Dark Matter -> Deathfire's Grasp -> Baleful -> Primordial = I win combo for Veigar.
Fixed.

EchoRex

05-14-2010

Yeah I gave up on Veigar awhile also, his mana problems(even when runed for regen) are a pain early game, a decent increase to base regen would help a good bit here. Even though a DodgeVeigar was hilarious good at carry smashing.

And the "fixed" spell ordering is correct, can rip most people in half before they have a chance to react.

Myk777

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini
Veigar has an absolutely horrible early game. If he had the mana to be able to spam Baleful Strike, then maybe I would consider maining him again.
I like to start with sapphire + hp + mp pot, i take flash and teleport aswell. If you just use baleful for last hitting and harass with auto attack (I know it's lame but it can still put a small dent in ter hp) with some luck and a lack of action you can recall and tp back for the catalyst, this won't happen if there's been a lota action in your lane but then again no champ manages to retain mana in lane while fighting (unless your Annie, her q's mana regen would make more sense on Veigar...)

Not saying his early game's decent, it's indeed quite bad and your most likley not gonna see first blood in your lane without it being you (unless your lanemate's good or you blow too much mana) but it's passable

Adalonus

05-14-2010

Veigar is a mage who is also a mage killer. If there were a draft mode, veigar would be better as a counter.

Kriptini

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myk777 View Post
I like to start with sapphire + hp + mp pot.
If you don't rush Deathfire Grasp, Veigar will never be able to start dominating until late game. Buying mana items makes your early game easier, but it cripples your mid game to be even worse than it already is.

Myk777

05-14-2010

I don't build a deathfire at all tbh (don't know why, just never been a fan), and i think Veigar has quite a good mid-game if your going the aforementioned dark matter route (My skill order's Q,E,Q,W,W,R,W,W,W etc. the second Q's only there to make last hitting less of a pain) then the W'll hit for plenty, many a times i've found a squishy pushing down my turret and i waltz past and the combo can one shot.

Buying the catalyst early let's you get the rod of ages quicker aswell helping you reap the benefits quicker, i usually finish the rod first only after boots 1. Out of curiosity why is Veigar the mage to get deathfire on, i don't see many Annies or Niv's grabbing a deathfire and they're all burst mages

roninsm

05-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritara View Post
Deathfire's Grasp -> Balefire -> Primordial = I win combo for Veigar.
lolflash, lolbanshees, lol MR.

Yehweh

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litimari View Post
Seriously, ive played veigar a loootttt and i never have a problem. he is not underpowered and can 1 v 1 almost anyone, not to mention in team battles a good dark matter is just great
and takin out that soraka is easypeasy. just sayin he is meant for squishing squishies and does so very well
You try and 1v1 any of the newer champs; Shen, Akali, Mort...They all barely get scratched with his Ulti, Shen and Akali are almost impossible to DM because they are fast and can ninja walk right through EH with no reprocutions and that ability of their's has a short CD compared to Veigar's EH. Then you are left with what?? A max 200, 300 Dmg Baleful that still cools down way too slow as a DPS champ you can only do minimal damage to is chasing and wailing on you? I agree Veigar takes some skill to 1 v 1 alot of champs and it is fun to do it because it is so unexpected, but these no mana, fast, can't stun, chasers will rock your Veigar. And to many rounds have none magic, no softies making up the majority of the team. Two ninjas, a tank and two DPS or one Assasin and Veigar is going to lose.