Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar, Not Broken!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myk777

05-11-2010

I've seen too many "veigar is underpowered/broken" threads and sure he's by no means the best caster (Annie does his job and easier) but he's still very fun to play and effective. Main problem is he's a deceptivley hard to learn character, he seems simple enough, E someone then hit all other face buttons for super burst but just... no

Survivability?
First of all people i've seen play him ignore something important, survivability, sure you can build him like a glass cannon (even more of a one, the kid's like paper) but veigar already has high enough burst and could use some hp instead of even more overkill, a rod of ages is a simple enough solution and the catalyst helps you lane aswell

Goddam Dark Matter!
Second of all people don't realise his main threat is in his W (dark matter), to play him effectivley (and very much so) you have to learn to target this and use it. leveling dark matter early gives you some of the biggest burst damage ever and some aoe to boot (albeit it's a rare occurance to have it hit more than one person), If you lead (as in aim ahead) with dark matter then land the stun, even a level 1 stun against a person with mercury treads will land a dark matter, i'm not saying this is easy by any means, it isn't, having played veigar from the moment i had the ip for him (played 90 games, have a negative W/L but hey none of us are perfect) i can't say i've perfected it but when it happens a squishy's sure as hell gunna die

Lastly the stun, your job isn't to initiate with this thing on the whole enemy team (unless you really have to) with this thing, when the fight starts plonk this on their carry and melt them, job done! It has a loooong cooldown, don't waste it

I don't claim to be the messiah of all that is veigar but he's most definatley not underpowered, he's just a character that needs learning to get the most out of him

TL,DR : Hard to play, Get survivability, Land DM, Blow up squishies

/End Rant

Minerthreat

05-14-2010

He is a bit underpowered since even though he did get buffed vs. non mana characters, his ult is still mostly useless against those characters.

i do agree that dark matter hits like a mack truck, and his stun is a team wrecker, but his ult still needs a buff.

Shocktroop

05-14-2010

Quote:
Minerthreat:
He is a bit underpowered since even though he did get buffed vs. non mana characters, his ult is still mostly useless against those characters.

i do agree that dark matter hits like a mack truck, and his stun is a team wrecker, but his ult still needs a buff.

they took the bonus damage from his ult vs non mana users out of the patch. it was said they were planning on changing him in a future patch and will change his ult then.

roninsm

05-14-2010

lol.

Daikaze

05-14-2010

So, what your saying is that "Veigar is decent with excessive amounts of practice?"

A broken champ played like a pro is still only decent... Sorry, I'm a little bitter, I used to main Veigar. :'(

Litimari

05-14-2010

Seriously, ive played veigar a loootttt and i never have a problem. he is not underpowered and can 1 v 1 almost anyone, not to mention in team battles a good dark matter is just great
and takin out that soraka is easypeasy. just sayin he is meant for squishing squishies and does so very well

CoVi

05-14-2010

Quote:
Daikaze:
So, what your saying is that "Veigar is decent with excessive amounts of practice?"

A broken champ played like a pro is still only decent... Sorry, I'm a little bitter, I used to main Veigar. :'(

This... my winning rate with veigar is something like

0,44 and i don't suck with him.

I don't, my score can tell.

PhoenixBomb

Recruiter

05-14-2010

Sorry, but the effort taken to get a good performance out of Veigar could be used with a different champion to get much better results. That's why he's underpowered; just because you can get him to work doesn't change this fact.

Litimari

05-14-2010

like i said, it is not hard to play veigar, you just need to be smart, most people are like, RAWRG I NEED JAX, MINE AUTOS ATTACK DOESNT WORK FOR ROFLPWN ON THIS NOOB CHAR!

TheBubba

05-14-2010

yeah if you where to take all that practice esp at leading your target and apply your self to anivia you would see just how out classed veigar is, as they said hes still usable but not as good as the other mages. still fun tho and i do play him every now and then when I'm playing with my lower lvl freinds guilty pleasure.