Make more items unique

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benjamin Bane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-15-2011

I was foolish and posted this in general and they destroyed it Make items that give movement speed unique like phantom dancers as at this point 3's should just be taken out as you can put master yi soraka and tryd on a team and just tower everything down by stacking phantom dancers and IE's.... MORE items should be Unique

clear world

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2011

I actually don't see stacking PD an overpowered thing, but who knows, so i guess I will agree with this...?

Besides, I generally don't like seeing people stacking the same item and I actually don't see any downside in gameplay beyond preventing people from stacking it, so yeah.

... i agree?

TealNinje

08-16-2011

Each Phantom Dancer decreases the comparative effectiveness of each additional Phantom Dancer. It provides attack speed and critical chance. If that's all you need, multiple Phantom Dancers is a good buy. Otherwise, you can get what you need from a lot of other places. (Like: AD + AS? Black Cleaver. AD + Crit? Infinity Edge (alternatively Atma's Impaler.))

Alithalor

08-17-2011

Ever see a Vayne with 2 PDs, she can pretty much kill whatever she wants. Im also surprised that Doran Items are unique.

PhilSushi

08-17-2011

Why is this necessary?
If people are seriously fed enough to be stacking phantom dancers, then you're going to lose regardless.

Vuther

08-17-2011

Phantom Dancers' movement speed isn't the hugest part of their use, especially since the squishy team you mention can easily be CCed and killed despite their movement speed. If you fear that team composition killing your turrets with those, have some hard CC and slows, and ward the approaches they'll need to get to those turrets...and kill them. If they get away, push while they have to heal. Plus, you still got that hard CC, so you can kill them again afterward should they try to stop your pushing. Stacking Infinity Edge was also a terrible idea on their part since they could easily get another valuable attack damage item with a significant passive that isn't wasted...and costs less.

Though I'd like Phantom Dancer to not stack so those silly people who do think it's a good idea won't do so.